GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I have reservations for both the Hummer Edition 1 Pick Up (white) and SUV (green). Please private message for bids. Selling by Xmas.
Be careful bidding on this, do not pay additional funds until after delivery, because there is chance GM will cut this off. Careful bidding... but smarter to wait until the truck has been delivered and bid on a real truck, rather than a reservation that could be a scam.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Good points Tom!!

I don't think there will be a process to reassign a reservation since it belongs to the original person specifically. GMC has a waiting list for cancellations, I think they will want to manage this.

I may be wrong, but without the assigned Dealer & GMC giving their blessing with some form of documentation, it might not be a prudent to have any money change hands.

If there is such a process, congrats Hummer fanatic on your good fortune.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Good points Tom!!

I don't think there will be a process to reassign a reservation since it belongs to the original person specifically. GMC has a waiting list for cancellations, I think they will want to manage this.

I may be wrong, but without the assigned Dealer & GMC giving their blessing with some form of documentation, it might not be a prudent to have any money change hands.

Jeff
GM has specifically said there is no process to reassign tis reservations, and buyer beware in my state that would require the reservation holder to close the sale and pay sales tax and license (12%), and the new buyer would also have to pay sales tax and license (12%) on the transfer, there is no way around that in my state, other then lease, and assign the lease?

Any money paid before a truck arrives is just foolish...

·
Super Moderator
466 Posts
Good points Tom!!

Jeff
There is not a process to reassign the reservation. Why rush to sell both reservations by Christmas? Sounds very fishy to me. Careful bidding, I would 100% wait for them to have the vehicle before purchasing.

·
Registered
274 Posts
GM has specifically said there is no process to reassign tis reservations, and buyer beware in my state that would require the reservation holder to close the sale and pay sales tax and license (12%), and the new buyer would also have to pay sales tax and license (12%) on the transfer, there is no way around that in my state, other then lease, and assign the lease?

Any money paid before a truck arrives is just foolish...
And not to mention the person just joined 6 hours ago...... hmmm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my grandfathers grave, I can assure you this is not a scam and will FaceTime/show my emails to the bidders from the dealers and GMC when k first secured the reservations. I was trying to find the right forum to post this publicly hence the recent membership.
You are correct though… after talking to the dealer I must take control of the vehicles first and then transfer. If you are looking for further proof, I am happy to provide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've already checked the situation via my moderator tools, and this is not a scam.
Thanks StillHummer!

I am scheduled to talk to the dealer again today to understand the details (price, delivery timing, etc.) but am being asked to make a commitment very soon. I am not sure what this commitment will be but not looking to take it on. Open to signing a legal note attached to funds to ensure it is properly passed on. Further details will be shared via private messages.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.