GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
ya know , all you guys and your complaining and criticizing the truck makes me want to cancel my order, except for the fact when the H2 came out the critics were all over it…blind spots, hard to park, bouncy, noisy, felt like a boat…a big square boat. And bad gas mileage, we’ll they were all wrong and their complaints didn’t bother me.
And….FYI .it was rated at only 1MPG less then the suburban and Denali!!!🥴
If your not use to driving a truck…not an SUV (really just a car with better suspension) you are going to be surprised! My Audi A7 is the best driving, quietest car I have ever owned! You can whisper to other passengers at 75 MPH, with the music playing!
Drive an A7 you’ll see! I wish the Hummer EV would be like that, but it won’t and I know that going in!!!
I’ve had my H2 since 2002, and it is nonearly as bad as the critics said!
Too each his own!
However there were no complaints about the information system…..Because there was none!!!!!!
Just a 5 disc changer in the dash!

spring 22 Still Waiting!!!
I would certainly not make buying decision on other peoples opinion, and I overall like the HummerEV. That being said, I do not like @Nebula1701 discounting my opinions and feedback, when he has not driven the HummerEV, and not familiar with what I am talking about.

As a Hummer guy @Littleshopofguitars you will love the HummerEV, its better in every way I can think of than any other Hummer that came before, and has some cool technology. I was impressed with the range which I expected to be a disappointment, and the seats are much better then those in my 2020 Denali HD. SuperCruise is also terrific, and IMO the best level 2 ADAS available.

@Nebula1701 is 100% correct, as I have said on here repeatedly, the SilveradoE, or Sierra Denali EV are a better fit for my personality and lifestyle. This is no surprise, my last 4 pickups were Sierra Denali's. There is a reason I never bought a Raptor, or Ram TRX, for me I would never want more ruggedness at the expense of luxury.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,090 Posts
I would certainly not make buying decision on other peoples opinion, and I overall like the HummerEV. That being said, I do not like @Nebula1701 discounting my opinions and feedback, when he has not driven the HummerEV, and not familiar with what I am talking about.
I'm not discounting your opinions I'm giving a rebuttal with my experiences with GM systems. The Hummer may use newer software but the overall layout and functionality are similar to Infotainment 3 with lots of improvements I've seen I wish my Volt had. Also I am familiar with how GM treats their regen.

I'm also asking you question to understand what you are doing to get a good picture of the issues.

It's all on personal preference. I still value hearing it from you.

·
Registered
163 Posts

As a Hummer guy @Littleshopofguitars you will love the HummerEV, its better in every way I can think of than any other Hummer that came before, and has some cool technology. I was impressed with the range which I expected to be a disappointment, and the seats are much better then those in my 2020 Denali HD. SuperCruise is also terrific, and IMO the best level 2 ADAS available.

@Nebula1701 is 100% correct, as I have said on here repeatedly, the SilveradoE, or Sierra Denali EV are a better fit for my personality and lifestyle. This is no surprise, my last 4 pickups were Sierra Denali's. There is a reason I never bought a Raptor, or Ram TRX, for me I would never want more ruggedness at the expense of luxury.
Thanks for the reassurance, I hated when people that didn’t even drive the H2 put it down!
Funny, now with 26,000 original miles it’s worth more then I paid for it!
I did buy a Raptor hated it, sold it 2-1/2 years later. I tried so hard to like it, terrible ride, but everything else was 100% cool as hell!
A friend told me there are 700 ED1’s built and waiting for transport as of today!
Going to check my email now…lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance, I hated when people that didn’t even drive the H2 put it down!
I did buy a Raptor hated it, sold it 2-1/2 years later. I tried so hard to like it, terrible ride, but everything else was 100% cool as hell!
A friend told me there are 700 ED1’s built and waiting for transport as of today!
700 well now there is a interesting nugget of info!!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have only ridden in a Raptor once, a famous soccer player gave me a ride in his, I was not impressed, it felt loose (chassis shake), noisy, and rough riding (tires). I did not say anything, but thought it was a POS, offered to drive every other time we went out wine tasting.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
758 Posts
I'm not discounting your opinions I'm giving a rebuttal with my experiences with GM systems. The Hummer may use newer software but the overall layout and functionality are similar to Infotainment 3 with lots of improvements I've seen I wish my Volt had. Also I am familiar with how GM treats their regen.

I'm also asking you question to understand what you are doing to get a good picture of the issues.

It's all on personal preference. I still value hearing it from you.
Are there other GM cars that use Android automotive?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Are there other GM cars that use Android automotive?
The new model year GMC Trucks such as Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado, and Sierra all use or will use Android Automotive. (He calls it Infotainment 3 in the video but it is obviously not)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Love your posts but did you know that the red text clashes with dark themes/modes?

·
Registered
33 Posts
🤔 Does it really, but what does that really mean “dark themes/modes” ?
For those who have photophobia, like to read forums in dimly lit environments, or for reasons, they may choose the dark mode (no pun intended) setting on their device and/or forum setting.

Sometimes the red font is completely unreadable against the dark background. If I want to read it I have to select the text in order to change its color. (Attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are just saying it, we’ve all been thinking it. I’m a radiologist I do everything in dark mode.

Back to the main point Tom is correct the UI is laggy with too many settings in hard to navigate sub menus. Now I have not seen Teslas Ui first hand and I hear the EQS is amazing but other than that I think all UIs are terrible. These companies need to invest some money in software guys that know this stuff and can make a clean user friendly UI.

Hopefully for the sluggishness issues they are able to improve this with OTA updates, though I wonder if they put in under powered processors in the setting of the current chip shortage.

I like the one pedal driving on max, but it’s the only car I have ever done this in so have nothing to compare it to. I don’t like when I disengage cruise control with the brake I have less than a second to hit the “go” pedal before it slams on the regen brakes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well thanks for the heads up, I'll switch to this. I like to use the color because it makes it easier for me to find my posts...
Is this better for those Dark Mode People??
And BTW, I never knew that was an option on the forum. I just changed my to dark mode, I like it....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well thanks for the heads up, I'll switch to this. I like to use the color because it makes it easier for me to find my posts...
Is this better for those Dark Mode People??
And BTW, I never knew that was an option on the forum. I just changed my to dark mode, I like it....
It’s not the red that’s the issue it’s that it was a dark red, I work with dark menus all day jus fyi that I have customized all the colors on. You need to chose a bright color to make it visible on the dark background.

The blue looks great btw.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts