GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very close. Not bad. Exciting that guy says he lives there and can go pick it up.
Ya, that is pretty cool... HummerEv's are holding the value better than I thought they would. I figured they would be down to 150K by now, but I guess part of that is slower than expected rollout, and lot of demand. I think there will be a lot of demand around $150K, likely enough for all 1st Edition buyers to flip the truck if they want.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ya, that is pretty cool... HummerEv's are holding the value better than I thought they would. I figured they would be down to 150K by now, but I guess part of that is slower than expected rollout, and lot of demand. I think there will be a lot of demand around $150K, likely enough for all 1st Edition buyers to flip the truck if they want.
I bet that’s a good estimate as well since any new orders are 2 years out by now. Escalades are still going for 10-15k over and it’s only about 9-12 month wait to order one of those. I think by august 150 will be the number

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
Will be down to $175k in August. Probably not before then. Ramp is supposed to really kick in September.
So, did I call it or what?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You don’t think the new rules will keep prices down or prevent dealers from selling to flippers? Isn’t there a penalty for allotments to dealers if they are caught selling to flippers?
On the Z06 people will not care about warranty the same as on an electric car, most people will be modifying the car anyway. I think when Z06 starts shipping there will be a mania to get therm.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My friend has a C8 and a Z06 C6 (that has had a lot of motor work done to it) and he said that the stock C8 felt like a pig once you got to about 100 mph.... He just got his C8 back from having twin turbos added and he said that he loves it now... But he has a Z06 C8 on order.... He said that he will decide which C8 to keep after he gets the Z06 (I doubt that will stay stock either)..... He did have the car die (I think a dead battery) and his wife had it towed to the dealer and they wouldn't work on it because it was "modified".... He works about an hour and a half away and has an apartment there and his wife says driving the car... I haven't had a chance to see what the issue was.... But long story short... He surely probably voided the warranty on the C8 and didn't seem to care...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts