GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Hummer EV 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed fine at first. Vehicle is super cool.

I successfully charged the Hummer twice. The third time I plugged it in, an error popped on the screen behind the steering wheel saying “Unable to Charge. Please service vehicle.”

The vehicle still had 130 miles of range on it. Everything else worked fine, except it couldn’t charge. I tried various charging stations but the same error message popped up each time.

I called multiple GMC dealerships and was told they couldn’t help me because they aren’t yet setup to service the Hummer EV. I was eventually able to find a dealer 45 minutes away that could take a look at it.

Its been hard getting anyone to update me. I guess they were able to start charging it, but it stopped charging at 77 miles of range. They have an engineer working on it, downloading vehicle data but have no other information to share with me beyond that.

I get that this vehicle is new. But GM needs to have their support staff and dealerships better prepared to service and diagnose their vehicles, especially ones that are this expensive. Come on GM!

I just want my vehicle back.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I got my Hummer EV 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed fine at first. Vehicle is super cool.

I successfully charged the Hummer twice. The third time I plugged it in, an error popped on the screen behind the steering wheel saying “Unable to Charge. Please service vehicle.”

The vehicle still had 130 miles of range on it. Everything else worked fine, except it couldn’t charge. I tried various charging stations but the same error message popped up each time.

I called multiple GMC dealerships and was told they couldn’t help me because they aren’t yet setup to service the Hummer EV. I was eventually able to find a dealer 45 minutes away that could take a look at it.

Its been hard getting anyone to update me. I guess they were able to start charging it, but it stopped charging at 77 miles of range. They have an engineer working on it, downloading vehicle data but have no other information to share with me beyond that.

I get that this vehicle is new. But GM needs to have their support staff and dealerships better prepared to service and diagnose their vehicles, especially ones that are this expensive. Come on GM!

Did you try A/C and D/C charging?

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV
28 Posts
I had the same that message pop up on my screen too...I checked the connection, it was secured and the green light above the connector was glowing and the charger showed it was functioning fine. I opened the door and the message went away. The Hummer eventually got fully charged in the specified time that said it would be at 100%. Hasn't happened since ( I only charged it one other time after that)

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,305 Posts
If I had a Hummer and the dealership I got it from was unable to help... I'd not attempt to call around to other GMC dealers... My first call would have been to the Hummer EV Concierge line...

They should immediately point you to dealers that will assist and they will also help schedule an appointment and send out a GMC tech.

They are there for a reason to help with any questions or issues with your Hummer.

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
59 Posts
In the drivers side rear fender well there is a module (Battery Energy Control Module 1) behind the front half of the fender liner. Rumor has it they are getting water intrusion into it causing charging problems along with other issues. We had one that wouldn’t charge from the 10% we get it at to 100% without stopping. GM TAC had us look into it but after running the battery back down we were unable to replicate it after that.

·
Registered
15 Posts

So have they repaired your charging proplem,as I am having the same problem
Shadetree

·
Registered
1 Posts

There is like an regular car battery under the hood. Try boost charging that one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the drivers side rear fender well there is a module (Battery Energy Control Module 1) behind the front half of the fender liner. Rumor has it they are getting water intrusion into it causing charging problems along with other issues. We had one that wouldn’t charge from the 10% we get it at to 100% without stopping. GM TAC had us look into it but after running the battery back down we were unable to replicate it after that.
Do you have to have rubber safty gloves to make this repair or can you just unplug the power at a location?
Shadetree

1 - 17 of 17 Posts