GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
There is a nice story in the Detroit Free Press about how the underbody cameras on the Hummer EV came to be. Quite interesting that a GM engineer had the idea, and built a prototype on his own time and expense to show the "Big Brass". My favorite part is the prototype camera was protected by a pair of safety glasses taped in place. Many may think GM just slapped any camera under the Hummer, but there was quite a bit of development that went into it, and patents issued.

Sorry this is a subscriber article, but if you can find a way access the article it's an interesting read.
I would love to read... But apparently the Detroit Free Press isn't Free.... LOL....

· Registered
470 Posts
I would love to read... But apparently the Detroit Free Press isn't Free.... LOL....
I just signed up for 3 months and read the article.... It is a good piece, and nice to see people who do above and beyond on their own time get credit for their work... I wish that more people in the workforce today would have attitudes like that instead of "that's not my job" or "they aren't paying me to do this"....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.