GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I guess that’s the difference between the jaded salesman and the enthusiastic customer. I have no expectations from the dealership other than to return a call or at least ask if someone needs help after spending 30 minutes on the lot poking at cars, this has happened multiple times unrelated to the hummer in years past! I get it the hummer is gonna get sold regardless given demand but this is my first time dropping 6 figures on a vehicle which is kind of a big deal for my family. I’m not saying I need full service and attention on me but the level of professionalism at this particular dealership has been less than ideal for years. Notice I did not name drop nor am I trying to blast them. Simply the service level leaves a lot to be desired and was looking for advice on how to operate in such a scenario. Seems to me this has gotten a little to personal and I’m getting some feeling from past customers projected onto me. I get it cold calls can be annoying, if you can’t deal with it get out of customer service!!! Clear reason I never worked in customer service, people suck, some more than others 😉!

justify your responses however you see fit but it’s literally hard to be a whiner, complainer or shitty customer when I can’t even get passed the dude answering the main phone line to an actual salesman or knowledgeable staff. I was always taught communication is key and to always ask questions but I guess that has gone by the way side and I’m just supposed to STFU so sales people don’t have to deal with customers?!?
So you had trouble with that dealer lot in the past, but chose them, and now complaining because they will not take the time to call you back on a vehicle that does not exist... OK, I get it... Nothing personal, but I think you are very unreasonable, and expect way too much from the process way too early. How could the dealership have knowledgable staff when the OEM has not released the information yet? You are clearly stubborned and not paying attention to what I am saying so I will try again... Your order it at least a year away away, and the dealership does not have any information yet on your model... Why don't you wait until they get the information, and its time to confirm your order to ask the questions? They you have a high likelihood to get accurate answers from semi informed people. I think this situation is true of any OEM and any future model.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The only thing I confirmed at my dealer was that they had my ED1 reservation and they weren’t going to charge over MSRP. They confirmed my reservation verbally and sent confirmation via email, from the sales manager, that the price will only be MSRP, plus tag, title, and tax.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The only thing I confirmed at my dealer was that they had my ED1 reservation and they weren’t going to charge over MSRP. They confirmed my reservation verbally and sent confirmation via email, from the sales manager, that the price will only be MSRP, plus tag, title, and tax.
I tried to negotiate before 10-20-20 release date, they told me no, all will be at MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
575 Posts
@Tom E-Tron and @Moneyshot89,

Awesome seeing the spirited debate here, I think this is a valuable discussion. To be clear, no one has crossed any lines and I'm simply being proactive here...just make sure we maintain respect between each other despite seeing this topic differently 👌 keep it up.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I bet you did!! Hahaha. You had mentioned before liking the negotiation and it would only be fair to try and haggle a new release before it's released.
Oh ya, I tried of course. They told me GMC is strongly encouraging all dealers to sell at MSRP, and although GMC cannot force the dealers too, they do have other tools to work with.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Other Tools? That means you are for sure getting paint protection, nitrogen in your tires, window tint, a vehicle theft prevention system and door edge guards all bundled into your deal. You will have a fully protected Hummer. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Haha! Well protected... You know though all of that stuff I do not ask for, and who pays for it comes down to the customer survey, I will let them know they control how I fill out that Customer Survey, they can choose the easy way for both of us, or the hard way for the dealership.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Haha! Well protected... You know though all of that stuff I do not ask for, and who pays for it comes down to the customer survey, I will let them know they control how I fill out that Customer Survey, they can choose the easy way for both of us, or the hard way for the dealership.
I'm glad they have your reservation. We don't do any of that here anyways, but there is a dealer in town who does and I can't thank them enough for sending business our way.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm glad they have your reservation. We don't do any of that here anyways, but there is a dealer in town who does and I can't thank them enough for sending business our way.
Haha! I am not an easy customer, as I know the game, but at the same time, I am reasonable, have to pay like money for value

·
Registered
30 Posts
Honestly, that's all I've wanted at this point too. For my dealership to confirm that my ED1 is in fact on a reservation with them. I haven't gone in yet, only tried to respond to their marketing emails a few times (no replies) and I've called one time and got some kid who, like many here have stated, really didn't know anything about anything or where to even look. (Thus my rant about wanting a reservation feature added to my GM account login in a different thread) Anyway, @Tom E-Tron has talked me off the ledge in that post, so I'm back to chill mode. It is what it is.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts