3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, have not heard this from GM...

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
471 Posts
Good news buried in the article:

For those current reservation holders, their MSRP is locked in. However, any new Hummer EV reservations made on or after June 18 (tomorrow) will include an increase of $6,250 increase to the base MSRP. GMC has noted the “price of commodity parts, technology and logistics” as the reason for the price hike.

Plus, does this mean that GM is now going to be officially contacting EV3X reservation holders? It sure sounds that way.

Today, GMC announced new customizations available for Hummer EV 3ˣ reservation holders, allowing them to select their desired add-ons and packages ahead of officially placing their orders.

According to the American automaker, customizable add-ons now include the following:

• New exterior paint colors
  • Extreme Off-Road package
  • 24-module battery pack upgrade
    • Enables “Watts To Freedom” acceleration of 0-60mph in about 3 seconds
As always, pricing for options and packages are added on top of the base manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). More information on available options and packaging will be available soon for EV 3ˣ customers.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
585 Posts
WOW, have not heard this from GM...
How else are they going to pay for the similar price decrease on the Bolt EV?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good news buried in the article:

For those current reservation holders, their MSRP is locked in. However, any new Hummer EV reservations made on or after June 18 (tomorrow) will include an increase of $6,250 increase to the base MSRP. GMC has noted the “price of commodity parts, technology and logistics” as the reason for the price hike.

Plus, does this mean that GM is now going to be officially contacting EV3X reservation holders? It sure sounds that way.

Today, GMC announced new customizations available for Hummer EV 3ˣ reservation holders, allowing them to select their desired add-ons and packages ahead of officially placing their orders.

According to the American automaker, customizable add-ons now include the following:

• New exterior paint colors
  • Extreme Off-Road package
  • 24-module battery pack upgrade
    • Enables “Watts To Freedom” acceleration of 0-60mph in about 3 seconds
As always, pricing for options and packages are added on top of the base manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). More information on available options and packaging will be available soon for EV 3ˣ customers.
Have they listed pricing for the battery upgrade?

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
R&T is pointing to a paywalled Automotive News article as the source of info, in case anyone has access:
It was an official GM announcement I found out.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
585 Posts
That is not what the CFO said... Let me look up his quote on the transcript
They are giving the decrease to people retroactively who bought a '22 this year before the incentives went live. But the people who bought shortly before the increase were really upset because they could have waited to save 6 grand.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are giving the decrease to people retroactively who bought a '22 this year before the incentives went live. But the people who bought shortly before the increase were really upset because they could have waited to save 6 grand.
Emmanuel Rosner

Right. I speak about EV pricing then. Do you expect to raise prices on the EVs that are -- that you already have on the market or that you've announced already just to help with these rising input costs? And maybe as part of this question, can you explain the price reduction of 6,000 hours in the bolt, which seems to be counterintuitive to what's required, I guess, to remain profitable?

Paul Jacobson

Yes. Without getting specific on pricing strategies going forward for obviously competitive and more importantly anticompetitive reasons, we're going to continue to watch the market, see where we are with demand for our vehicles as well as the cost and margin targets that we have for them. So we'll look at that as we go through model year by model year.

As it relates to the Bolt, this is an example of, I think, how the market is changing because the way the Bolt had been pricing and the way we've been incentivizing sales on that was a little bit counterintuitive of higher MSRP, higher incentives.

So what we did is we took down that sticker price, that MSR preprice. At the same time, we took down incentives. So it's actually kind of net neutral to us from where it is. But when you're competing with some online retailers that have a fixed price in there, we want to make sure that we're more transparent in terms of how things are working going forward.

So I think it's a move that customers have responded well to. There is nothing about demand or margin deterioration in the face of that. It really was a net neutral trade for us with obviously longer-term benefits for how we think about it internally.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats a bummer for those people, but always a risk in buying anything, sometimes you make a bad deal, and it later goes on sale, happens all the time...

·
Registered
178 Posts
This initial increase made me go ahead and reserve a 3X SUV. Was going to wait and see how we like the Edition 1 truck, but heck would prefer the current MSRP just in case. Also not sure but seems it could beat my earlier order Rivian R1S even still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts