GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Hummer hype fading ? After crazy prices at previous Mecum auctions and at Bring a Trailer and Cars and Bids three Hummer EVs struggled at Mecum Indy. Last Saturday one was a no sale Bid Goes on at $230,000. That owner may be wishing he pulled his reserve. Today our fellow members unit with flat black wrap and custom bronze wheels was originally a no sale Bid Goes On at $190,000. Appears deal was eventually done at $190,000 plus buyers commission. The third unit just sold at $187500 before commission.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is the Hummer hype fading ? After crazy prices at previous Mecum auctions and at Bring a Trailer and Cars and Bids three Hummer EVs struggled at Mecum Indy. Last Saturday one was a no sale Bid Goes on at $230,000. That owner may be wishing he pulled his reserve. Today our fellow members unit with flat black wrap and custom bronze wheels was originally a no sale Bid Goes On at $190,000. Appears deal was eventually done at $190,000 plus buyers commission. The third unit just sold at $187500 before commission.
Makes sense. People that really want one would have snagged one already for more $$$. They are delivering faster and faster it seems or picking up pace a little so the cost of waiting is less also if have a reservation. Plus maybe the impending recession (that we are probably already in) is slowing some excessive spending.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I feel like there are such few deliveries taking place again that we don't have anything actual Hummer EV related to talk about - just other EV topics ;-)

Seemed like there was a spurt of built emails, but none in the last couple weeks or so again...
Agreed. The Hummer news definitely has its highs and lows, and right now is definitely a low. There hasn't been much Hummer news for a while other than the media writing about the auctions and how much they are selling for, which to me is bad publicity for GM and the Hummer launch. The Arizona media days where they just did WTF and the off road trail were all the same, no unique perspectives or long term driving reviews (by long term I mean driving it for a few days or a week). GM seems to just think "oh boy we have 70k reservations things are great!" but I think over time they'll see a lot of people drop their reservations either due to the extended wait time, or the fact that everyone thinks they can reserve one and make $100k and those dreams seem to be dropping as a good chunk of people receiving them keep posting them for sale. As a Hummer fan I'm still pumped for mine just because its a Hummer, but nothing they are doing would excite me otherwise as just a normal EV or truck fan.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The crazy thing is so many people I talk to don't even know there is a new Hummer, some of them did not know that they stopped making them!
When I tell them they stopped in 2009 they are so surprised, and then when I tell them the new one is electric they are floored! Then they ask the question of "how much are they $50,000" then I'm floored!!! LOL

I have been a Hummer Guy since Arnold Drove one. I've had them all H1, H2, H3. and I only have the H2 now and won't part with it.
I can't wait to park them next to each other in my driveway!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am wondering how many people will either refuse delivery or cancel their orders once the flipped price settles to MSRP?
I’m sure that will be the case as it seems there are plenty of people buying that have no interest in actually owning the Hummer, but as of now I think we are still months away from the prices getting closer to MSRP. I don’t think that will happen until battery production ramps up in September, and even then I bet they’ll maintain about 15-20k over sticker similar to Escalades right now but for some people that won’t be worth the hassle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts