GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Hummer H3 Alpha
18 Posts
That's a cool feature for WTF mode. That being said, the Hummer EV's CV axles are A LOT stronger than Teslas. They are actually designed to be ran at extreme angles without breaking. These stronger, harder to break CVs were featured before as an option on the Chevy Colorado ZR2:

What makes these CV axles special is they basically have a shock absorber in the middle of them allowing them to extend and compress so the joint connections don't get stretched out/destroyed when the CV angles are maxed out. The biggest visual difference between these and a regular CV, is that these have a much thicker middle shaft because of that internal shock absorber. Here you can see the exact line drawing for a replacement EV CV axle: Front suspension. Drive axles.. 2022 Gmc Hummer EV Edition 1 Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside -L - cylinder BATTERY EV (EV/BEV) A/T | Hadwin White Wholesale Parts, Conway SC

There are a lot of aftermarket brands that are now copying and selling this technology. NAPA is selling them for select vehicles and here is a diagram that explains the technology:

Font Line Parallel Engineering Auto part

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
I took this brief video that just happened to have the power output display up on the center console that was meant to show how bad the Hummer shifts weight around. Shows the same thing that Kyle's video does, that the front motor contributes nothing on hard acceleration.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I took this brief video that just happened to have the power output display up on the center console that was meant to show how bad the Hummer shifts weight around. Shows the same thing that Kyle's video does, that the front motor contributes nothing on hard acceleration.

I haven’t driven one yet, so my experience is moot- but I really think it’s designed that way. The raptor does something similar (not quite as animated as the hummer) just due to the loose baja style suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts