GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

I've already had this wind noise issue fixed by the dealer once where they said this part with the three lights had lifted and had to be replaced but now the issue is almost worse than before where above 65 it almost sounds like defrost fan is on high but even at 45 it's noticeable. Has anyone else had this issue? Is GM aware? Has anyone measured the cabin noise at different speeds in decibels for comparison with what it should be? Cc @Tom E-Tron

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
My windshield came crooked from the factory and caused a lot of wind noise in the whole upper area due to the rubber strip not touching the top applique. Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like you might have somewhat of a gap between it and the center piece in a couple small areas. If it is, see if you can stick something in there and get the rubber strip to point upward slightly the whole way across.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
View attachment 3857
I've already had this wind noise issue fixed by the dealer once where they said this part with the three lights had lifted and had to be replaced but now the issue is almost worse than before where above 65 it almost sounds like defrost fan is on high but even at 45 it's noticeable. Has anyone else had this issue? Is GM aware? Has anyone measured the cabin noise at different speeds in decibels for comparison with what it should be? Cc @Tom E-Tron
Mine got fixed, I thought the noise I had was normal for T tops and did not complain about it, but the GM engineer that test drove mine for other reasons immediately noticed it and had it fixed, truck interior is much quieter now at highway speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts