GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
91 Posts
Back to the original discussion on weight, here is the VIN code someone pulled for the Rivian R1T, it is 8K-9K GVWR:

If I remember right their customer service told me the payload was ~1500lb.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Back to the original discussion on weight, here is the VIN code someone pulled for the Rivian R1T, it is 8K-9K GVWR:

View attachment 902

If I remember right their customer service told me the payload was ~1500lb.
We need to look more deeply at the section 179 IRS changes for business use of these vehicles. As I understand it the trucks have to have a minimum 6' bed length? So Rivian, Hummer, and F150 lighting all are disqualified? This is huge for business, I hope I am reading it wrong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We need to look more deeply at the section 179 IRS changes for business use of these vehicles. As I understand it the trucks have to have a minimum 6' bed length? So Rivian, Hummer, and F150 lighting all are disqualified? This is huge for business, I hope I am reading it wrong.

The IRS thing could be really a deal breaker for some business owners who were going to use them more for personal, but write them off for business... I do wish that the Hummer had a 6'-6" bed... I know that would negatively affect the departure angle... But it would be more practical for me when I need to haul things...

·
Registered
571 Posts
The IRS thing could be really a deal breaker for some business owners who were going to use them more for personal, but write them off for business... I do wish that the Hummer had a 6'-6" bed... I know that would negatively affect the departure angle... But it would be more practical for me when I need to haul things...
I think Cybertruck is the only EV pickup that has a six and a half foot bed.

On the section 179 I have a call into my accountant to verify...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts