GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just made this account to show y’all this pic I found on ig, was wondering how I saw it there first and not here first, but if anyone could find the original source of it that’s be great to see if there are any other pics taken. (It looks like this is a proper production ready model, the location is listed as Ann Arbor, and I’ve seen similar posts of NACTOY jurors doing their test drives at this location too)

i posted it to start a critical discussion, just an avid Hummer fan and I’ve been waiting to see this real world comparison for a while, and good luck on your orders!

http://instagr.am/p/CVQ7yK4j63Q/

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Also, based on just looking at it, a major disappointment for me was the slightly more slanted windshield than the H2
Comparing to H2 is silly, While some love H2 (sorry up front to those, this is going to hurt), technically H2 is one of the worst designed, engineered, and built vehicles in GM history. It has a chassis of cobbled together parts bin parts from many of GM vehicle, and the interior is just a joke, and one of the worst GM design and materials. Funny, back in the day I thought it looked cool, but now I just laugh when I see one.

Compared to the HummerEV which is modern, and designed with style, comfort, and not 1 parts bin part anywhere. Hummer Ev goes 0-60 in 3 ish seconds, has front and rear lockers, way more ground clearance, 4 wheel steering.

Doug DeMuro recently drove an H2, and said its the worst driving, slowest, clunkiest, junkiest, most embarrassing vehicle in his recent memory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Comparing to H2 is silly, While some love H2 (sorry up front to those, this is going to hurt), technically H2 is one of the worst designed, engineered, and built vehicles in GM history. It has a chassis of cobbled together parts bin parts from many of GM vehicle, and the interior is just a joke, and one of the worst GM design and materials. Funny, back in the day I thought it looked cool, but now I just laugh when I see one.

Compared to the HummerEV which is modern, and designed with style, comfort, and not 1 parts bin part anywhere. Hummer Ev goes 0-60 in 3 ish seconds, has front and rear lockers, way more ground clearance, 4 wheel steering.

Doug DeMuro recently drove an H2, and said its the worst driving, slowest, clunkiest, junkiest, most embarrassing vehicle in his recent memory.

So much fail in this post.... Funny you start off right by saying its silly to compare a 2003-9 H2 with a 2022 HummerEV. Beyond that have you ever owned an H2? Off Roaded one? Just curious.

Reactions: StillHummer

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
So much fail in this post.... Funny you start off right by saying its silly to compare a 2003-9 H2 with a 2022 HummerEV. Beyond that have you ever owned an H2? Off Roaded one? Just curious.
Sorry I hurt your feelings, some people like vanilla ice cream while others like chocolate. No, I have never owned one, and if I was given one would have it hauled to the wrecking yard for recycling (put it out of its misery). I have driven one though, and its just as awful a vehicle as Doug points out. We are in 2021, there is no reason to have a vehicle that is poorly built, uncomfortable, and ergonomically challenged. Today we can get all the capabilities without all the sacrifices.

Off roading might be the one place it is acceptable, but gosh knows its terrible on roading.

·
Registered
14 Posts
lol, hurt my feelings... right, but thanks, I got what I needed, you have no real idea and are just angry for some reason... Perhaps as the face of this board a more appropriate response would have been the H2 was just not for me in its day but I am super excited for the EV and move on. Try it sometime. Not sure what the goal was of trashing all over a vehicle you have never owned or really truly experienced by your own admission but hey you do you... and comparing the EV to the H2 makes logical sense given the history but no one believes that is anything more than a cosmetic comp, you know like the rake of the windshield...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
lol, hurt my feelings... right, but thanks, I got what I needed, you have no real idea and are just angry for some reason... Perhaps as the face of this board a more appropriate response would have been the H2 was just not for me in its day but I am super excited for the EV and move on. Try it sometime. Not sure what the goal was of trashing all over a vehicle you have never owned or really truly experienced by your own admission but hey you do you... and comparing the EV to the H2 makes logical sense given the history but no one believes that is anything more than a cosmetic comp, you know like the rake of the windshield...
Angry? towards the Hummer H2? nah... I am just an "opinionated" engineer who appreciates well designed and engineered products. The H2 is not "well designed" or "engineered" its a cobbled together mess of parts bin parts by a company that was nearly bankrupt trying to find a last gasp of air. The H1, even though ergonomically worse than the H2, I can respect for the engineering.

Comparing the H2 to the HummerEV, is silly for the fact the HummerEv has a nicely designed exterior and interior, drives tight, is quiet inside, comfortable, and fits more cargo, and oh ya, will slaughter the H2 off roading in most situations or on the road in stock configuration. Pick any objective data point and the HummerEv wins. Of course looks, and windshield rake are subjective, but I think the HummerEv looks better in every way. Then you get to technology, which the H2 has almost none, where as the HummerEv is loaded with. As an H2 fan, I warned you that this was going to hurt in my opening line, I think the H2 is one of the worst designed and engineered vehicles in GM history. Shall we look at H2 reliability data? Its literally a junker at 10 years old. Having owned a Lexus LX470 from this time period, and several Land Rovers, all of which have some off roading ability in stock form, and do not have all the other compromises that come with the H2, not the least of which is the stigma of owning an H2 which everyone knows is the least efficient vehicle on the road, and here in the West gets more than its share of dirty looks. Less efficient than even the TRX, which is almost unbelievable when you look at how much more capability TRX has.

Having seen stock H2's off road, they get stuck too easy, Land Rovers and Land Cruisers run circles around them, and embarrassingly, in a tug of war with an early Tesla Model X, H2 lost, even when given first mover advantage. In the snow H2 lost, on muddy hills H2 lost to the Tesla X also.... Embarrassingly bad vehicle. Let's chain the HummerEv to that Tesla Model X, it might rip the Tesla in half? On muddy hills, in snow, the HummerEV with its traction controls will dominate. So in summary H2 loses on comfort and ergonomics, loses on tech, loses on performance, loses on efficiency. loses in road manners and ride quality, loses off road in nearly every case (even to Model X), loses in public opinion, and IMO loses on looks and design. I have a hard time finding one thing the H2 is really good at? every time I see one, after I chuckle, I think what is the steel recycling price today?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think your mistake is thinking your opinion "hurts". It doesn't. I honestly was trying to figure out the why and end goal of venting all over the H2. Still seems extreme and over the top given the OPs stream of thought but I guess I can assume it is to make you feel good or the like because beyond this I am at a loss. You seem intent on comparing a close to 20yr old H2 to a modern vehicle. I even like the comparison with the Tesla X like that seals the deal that the H2 sucks... lol... sure, I guess that truth sinks the H2 forever to the dust bin of failed vehicles...

Anyway, I clearly get you have issues with the H2, so be it, glad you could share with the interwebs... Besides you lost what little credibility you might of had w. the LandRover and Land Cruiser dig but perhaps again you are thinking the 2022 models vs the 200X H2. Fair game then.

I will take my hurt and limp away... Kudos by the way for not bringing up MPG. Probably hard to hold back on that one :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Just gives a general feel of sizes, dimensions and overall feel. Easier to visualize for anyone not in engineering / design
Visualizing needs to be done in person, as pictures can and almost always are deceptive, line sketches to scale over each other are a better comparison. Long story short The Hummer EV is bigger than the H2 in almost every meaningful dimension. Where Hummer Ev is different is the width, HummerEv is a standard full sized pickup width interior with a widebody flared exterior (like Raptor), whereas the H1 and H2 were wide body vehicles, does that make sense? The interior of the Hummer EV is exactly the same width as the refreshed full sized Sierra and Silverado just trimout differences.
Font Circle Screenshot Number Pattern

Font Rectangle Screenshot Pattern Circle

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I do wish they could have figured out a way to make the interior wider. That was my favorite part of the H1 was just how wide it was on the inside
The H1 though, all the width in the front was taken by the box and junk in the middle, seated area was small. Also seat steering wheel misalignment loses me every time.

Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Wheel Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

Likely what the GMC Sierra EV will look like
Car Plant Gear shift Vehicle Satellite radio

1 - 15 of 15 Posts