GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice find.... There are more and more pictures and sightings... It makes me more and more excited... Hummerev_ on Instagram had a couple of new posts too with some pictures I had not seen

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice boat as well! You could buy three Hummers for that price. Didn’t know they even made electric ones like that now.

Well we know the Hummer can at least tow about 6000 pounds based upon that link you sent! I guess that helps give some perspective on what you can tow - what even weighs 11k that I can tow? At some point it gets ridiculous how much a truck can tow and is not something an average driver would do. Never having towed anything more than.a pontoon boat, I have no real perspective on heavy duty towing…

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice boat as well! You could buy three Hummers for that price. Didn’t know they even made electric ones like that now.

Well we know the Hummer can at least tow about 6000 pounds based upon that link you sent! I guess that helps give some perspective on what you can tow - what even weighs 11k that I can tow? At some point it gets ridiculous how much a truck can tow and is not something an average driver would do. Never having towed anything more than.a pontoon boat, I have no real perspective on heavy duty towing…
Here's some perspective on what's possible. This is my brother's 3500HD Duramax towing a 20k pound, 40 foot boat. Definitely not the average driver. 😂

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
http://instagr.am/p/CSeFP82FcZO/ Wonder what’s with the dark colored HEV pictured, not sure why it would be that color if they are all going to be white for first edition
I cannot tell if that one is just in weird shadows, or if it is a special 2 tone paint? GM could do a special edition for one of the upcoming car shows, or it could even be VIN 001 for the folks who bought the charity auction model. Many times GM will give the charity model some special treatments although I was not expecting 001 to be built until September.

I think GM is going to do several special edition HummersEV in the next decade, as it's a low volume program and they want to build brand equity. Edition 1 is just the beginning.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
207 Posts
Nice boat... Is that a demo derby car in the background?
Yes it is, I used to run in the derbys, but gave it up a few years ago. Did you notice it is a GM roundback? Second best derby car, only Chrysler Imperials can beat them. And the 350 V8s are by far the best derby engines, can run them hot as hell and they just keep going...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yes it is, I used to run in the derbys, but gave it up a few years ago. Did you notice it is a GM roundback? Second best derby car, only Chrysler Imperials can beat them. And the 350 V8s are by far the best derby engines, can run them hot as hell and they just keep going...
That is awesome... I cannot tell what it is in that photo, just saw the number on the roof and could not think or any other class that does that. I have never run or worked on a derby car, but have seen them run many times. Ya, that is the problem, need something that can take heat. Do you use the same car more then once, or have to build a new one each time?

·
Registered
207 Posts
That is awesome... I cannot tell what it is in that photo, just saw the number on the roof and could not think or any other class that does that. I have never run or worked on a derby car, but have seen them run many times. Ya, that is the problem, need something that can take heat. Do you use the same car more then once, or have to build a new one each time?
That car ran in 4-5 events, from what I remember. The motors and trannys would go from car to car until they gave it up totally.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
That car ran in 4-5 events, from what I remember. The motors and trannys would go from car to car until they gave it up totally.
That looks like a lot of fun. Do they allow you to do much reinforcement of the car? I have seen some class where they hang steel channel on the sides of the car? Do not remember what class that is...

·
Registered
207 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun. Do they allow you to do much reinforcement of the car? I have seen some class where they hang steel channel on the sides of the car? Do not remember what class that is...
Here is the reinforcement, only to protect the driver. I think some places have something called "outlaw" class where you could reinforce the outside. Bumper brackets could be welded. I also welded the spider gears, i.e. Lincoln Lockers, and ran tires inside of tires plus tubes. You can see the gas tank, tranny cooler and battery box in this shot.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Fixture

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Here is the reinforcement, only to protect the driver. I think some places have something called "outlaw" class where you could reinforce the outside. Bumper brackets could be welded. I also welded the spider gears, i.e. Lincoln Lockers, and ran tires inside of tires plus tubes. You can see the gas tank, tranny cooler and battery box in this shot.

View attachment 1131
Thats awesome, I know exactly what you mean on the Lincoln Locker, but my 65 GMC had a Miller Locker, We had Miller welders in high school..

Wow, you got creative by stuffing the tires, homemade run flats?

Can you still find these old car bodies? I would imagine they are getting a little thin these days?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whatever color is…it’s freaking awesome. I would buy one with that paint for sure if it were available
[/QUOT
Yeah
Whatever color is…it’s freaking awesome. I would buy one with that paint for sure if it were available
I agree, I’m really liking the two tone. I like the new flat green they are putting on the SUV as well.

Which brings me to my next question… if you were to get your hands on a first edition how does everyone feel about wrapping or plasti-dip’in it?

would it be sacrilage or an abomination? I’m torn on weather or not to wrap part or all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts