GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like the Hummer EV SUV will in fact NOT be debuting during Super Bowl 55 after all. Ad Age had reported a number of months back that GMC has purchased a 30 second ad spot to debut the SUV, but it turns out either that was false reporting, or GMC changed their mind, a la Coke and Pepsi this year.

GM Authority believes it to be the former, so it is still very likely that the SUV debuts in February, just not during the Super Bowl. I guess time will tell...and I'll try to keep everyone posted as soon as anything official comes out.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
So it looks like the Hummer EV SUV will in fact NOT be debuting during Super Bowl 55 after all. Ad Age had reported a number of months back that GMC has purchased a 30 second ad spot to debut the SUV, but it turns out either that was false reporting, or GMC changed their mind, a la Coke and Pepsi this year.

GM Authority believes it to be the former, so it is still very likely that the SUV debuts in February, just not during the Super Bowl. I guess time will tell...and I'll try to keep everyone posted as soon as anything official comes out.
Well that's disappointing but oh well. They'll probably just do it all on YouTube again.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Youtube would be fine with me! Save GM millions of dollars on advertising and I can actually pause and take in any details a little better on my computer anyway.
Yeah, I hear you Matt. I was kind of looking forward to more national buzz like Oakwood, but a Youtube reveal is okay by me. More geared towards us enthusiasts instead of the general public I guess. I just want to see that SUV!

Reactions: Oakwood

·
Registered
43 Posts
A new twist: I get emails from Seeking Alpha and one I got yesterday claimed that GM will have two commercials during the Superbowl - one for GM (sounds like the whole portfolio of EV's and on for Cadillac. Technically there could be no GMC commercial, but just GM commercials. So stay tuned, maybe the Hummer SUV will sneak in there for a few more seconds of airtime! Looks like I may have to watch the Superbowl just for the commercials again. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
A new twist: I get emails from Seeking Alpha and one I got yesterday claimed that GM will have two commercials during the Superbowl - one for GM (sounds like the whole portfolio of EV's and on for Cadillac. Technically there could be no GMC commercial, but just GM commercials. So stay tuned, maybe the Hummer SUV will sneak in there for a few more seconds of airtime! Looks like I may have to watch the Superbowl just for the commercials again. :)
That second week in February is going to be exciting, starting from whatever advertisement from Superbowl, and then Q4 Earnings on Wednesday 2-10 (which I expect GM to report the most profitable quarter in their history, possibly as high as $3.50 a share, my napkin calculations come out to $4+ a share but don't include incentives or 1 time charges) and then finishing the week with the debut of Bolt, and EUV on Valentines day.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
If there's going to be one for the EV portfolio you know the Hummer EV is going to be there front and center. It's a smart move to have one just for Cadillac. They really need a shot in the arm for their future lineup.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
More reinforcement that they have something planned for the Super Bowl.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More reinforcement that they have something planned for the Super Bowl.
Honestly, this is an awesome time to be a GM fan.

I haven't seen so much near-universal positivity and hype around the company in my entire lifetime.

Reactions: Tom E-Tron

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If there's going to be one for the EV portfolio you know the Hummer EV is going to be there front and center. It's a smart move to have one just for Cadillac. They really need a shot in the arm for their future lineup.
Very true. I expect the Hummer to be prominently featured in the GM ad. I wonder if the Celestiq will get teased any further in either the Caddy or GM ad...

Reactions: Oakwood

·
Registered
563 Posts

I haven't seen so much near-universal positivity and hype around the company in my entire lifetime.

Exactly... GM is getting its swagger back... When I was a kid, GM, and GE were the sh--, that has not been the case for a long time...

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am optimistic, Lyriq and Celistiq... Maybe a peek at the EV Escalade, some of my media friends have seen it, but no pictures yet.
I think you mean "optimistiq" 🤣🤣

You have friends that have seen the Escalade EV and Celestiq?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think you mean "optimistiq" 🤣🤣

You have friends that have seen the Escalade EV and Celestiq?
Yes sir... Although the Escalade was not called an Escalade, it was just a cadillac SUV, and Celestiq was not a completely finished car, more of an early concept.

I tried to dig good info out of them, but they are just not car savvy enough to give me high quality information. They also saw more than 10 EV projects in half an hour, so it's hard to remember specific details of each one if you are not a person that is into cars. These guys are definitely not fans of GM, but came back from Detroit wide eyed, and impressed.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These guys are definitely not fans of GM, but came back from Detroit wide eyed, and impressed.
Thanks for the info, Tom. That last line caught my attention...we know that there are MANY GM detractors in the EV world, it's fashionable for whatever reason. The fact that they were impressed is a great start. No worries on the lack of info!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks for the info, Tom. That last line caught my attention...we know that there are MANY GM detractors in the EV world, it's fashionable for whatever reason. The fact that they were impressed is a great start. No worries on the lack of info!
Yes, I wish I had been allowed to go to GM battery day, I would have brought back useful information. Everyone that I heard that went was impressed, but questioned GM's ability to roll out the products in a timely fashion. I am less worried about the execution with guys like @Aloppen running the show.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts