GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first time I did real work with the HummerEV, and carried a load. I had to go to the dump which loading and driving was all fine, I scaled in at the dump, and then proceeded into the building to dump garbage. Once in the building one of the dump workers approached me, and told me I needed to go back to the scale and get weighed again. So I thought no big deal, drove back, and the first scale master told me the other scale master wanted to see the truck, and wanted me to go across his scale. At this point I was like WTF, they made me get out of line and go all the way back to the scale so the other scale master could see the truck, and ask questions. So I answered his questions and then proceeded back into the building to dump the garbage, when I was unloading, 2 of the other dump workers got off their wheel loaders and came over to see the truck, and ask questions, ended up taking me extra time to unload, and answer questions, when I got back in the truck our 3.5 year old daughter had both hands over her nose and was almost crying from the dump smell (85 degree summer day the dump is ripe). So in the 20 minutes we were at the dump, it was 2 minutes to dump the trash, and 18 minutes to answer questions. I have always had nice pickup trucks but never had so many workers at the dump approach me to talk about the truck. I felt bad for our daughter and took her to 31 (she calls it "30 number 1") for Ice Cream afterwards. I don't think she will want to go to the dump with me next time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Today was the first time I did real work with the HummerEV, and carried a load. I had to go to the dump which loading and driving was all fine, I scaled in at the dump, and then proceeded into the building to dump garbage. Once in the building one of the dump workers approached me, and told me I needed to go back to the scale and get weighed again. So I thought no big deal, drove back, and the first scale master told me the other scale master wanted to see the truck, and wanted me to go across his scale. At this point I was like WTF, they made me get out of line and go all the way back to the scale so the other scale master could see the truck, and ask questions. So I answered his questions and then proceeded back into the building to dump the garbage, when I was unloading, 2 of the other dump workers got off their wheel loaders and came over to see the truck, and ask questions, ended up taking me extra time to unload, and answer questions, when I got back in the truck our 3.5 year old daughter had both hands over her nose and was almost crying from the dump smell (85 degree summer day the dump is ripe). So in the 20 minutes we were at the dump, it was 2 minutes to dump the trash, and 18 minutes to answer questions. I have always had nice pickup trucks but never had so many workers at the dump approach me to talk about the truck. I felt bad for our daughter and took her to 31 (she calls it "30 number 1") for Ice Cream afterwards. I don't think she will want to go to the dump with me next time.
I thought you were going to say they thought the scale was broken based on the weight/they thought they weighed it wrong initially and had to double check the weight. Did they tell you what you weighed in at?

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
585 Posts
Next time go to the The Dump Furniture store and pick up a load, it will smell better. Maybe a new bedroom set for your daughter. Looks like they do not have any locations in the Northwest though.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exhibit #48 why Mark Reuss’ decision to do a Hummer as GM’s first Ultium EV was genius: every owner becomes a defacto GM, EV, and Hummer ambassador, even at the local dump:) You can’t buy advertising like that:)
Absolutely, this truck draws attention everywhere it goes, and it's amazing the people that like it. Mark Reuss deserves credit for the vision, and Mary credit for getting the board to green light it. HummerEV the right halo vehicle for GMC and GM Corporate at the right time.

GM design is on a roll, Hummer, LYRIQ, BlazerSS are all well designed and purposeful. I even think the Silverado EV is a great design, although aerodynamics played more a roll, but it has cool features. Cannot wait to see CELESTIQ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts