GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. I’m 26 and planning on saving 30k or so in the next 5 years to put down on a Hummer EV2 (pick up). I was curious if anyone knows of any dealer showcase events happening near Oklahoma City? Surrounding states would be worth the trip if the even allows the public to sit in and touch the vehicle. Thanks!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. I’m 26 and planning on saving 30k or so in the next 5 years to put down on a Hummer EV2 (pick up). I was curious if anyone knows of any dealer showcase events happening near Oklahoma City? Surrounding states would be worth the trip if the even allows the public to sit in and touch the vehicle. Thanks!!
Welcome to the Forum, and best of luck saving up the $$. Unfortunately I cannot help you with showcase events coming up, but as I understand many participating Hummer dealers are required to hold a Hummer EV in inventory for display, the timing of that however is cloudy. I would imagine GM will send some of the release candidate pre production Hummers to the strongest markets for display once they build them, and their captured fleet. Timing of this is unknown but I would guess we will likely see media drives in the September-October window, and those will be the pre production Hummers that make the rounds for display prior to salable models being built and sold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum, and best of luck saving up the $$. Unfortunately I cannot help you with showcase events coming up, but as I understand many participating Hummer dealers are required to hold a Hummer EV in inventory for display, the timing of that however is cloudy. I would imagine GM will send some of the release candidate pre production Hummers to the strongest markets for display once they build them, and their captured fleet. Timing of this is unknown but I would guess we will likely see media drives in the September-October window, and those will be the pre production Hummers that make the rounds for display prior to salable models being built and sold.
Awesome thank you for the response!! I’m really excited to have one in my driveway:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
All of the GM dealers who have bought into the Hummer EV program will get an Hummer EV pickup or SUV for showroom/demo purposes and they can sell them at a later date. My dealership will be getting an Edition 1 truck. Some dealerships with few reservations may not get one right away and some may opt to wait for the SUV demo unit over the truck, some may do both if they're big enough. Originally the dealerships who bought in were supposed to get an Edition 1 truck, but it seems dealers keep joining in and they all can't have an Edition 1.

The only showcase event I've been aware of is the one in Texas that just happened or is happening now. I'm sure there will be more in the coming months.

I wish you luck on your savings endeavor! On the bright side, the technology and these trucks will only improve over the next few years. So, in theory, and also high probability, that you will be able to get more truck for less money if you wait. Positive silver lining there.

I was able to see the truck at Barrett-Jackson and it looks amazing in person. Too bad we had to stand behind the rope about 8 feet away, I would have loved to sit in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of the GM dealers who have bought into the Hummer EV program will get an Hummer EV pickup or SUV for showroom/demo purposes and they can sell them at a later date. My dealership will be getting an Edition 1 truck. Some dealerships with few reservations may not get one right away and some may opt to wait for the SUV demo unit over the truck, some may do both if they're big enough. Originally the dealerships who bought in were supposed to get an Edition 1 truck, but it seems dealers keep joining in and they all can't have an Edition 1.

The only showcase event I've been aware of is the one in Texas that just happened or is happening now. I'm sure there will be more in the coming months.

I wish you luck on your savings endeavor! On the bright side, the technology and these trucks will only improve over the next few years. So, in theory, and also high probability, that you will be able to get more truck for less money if you wait. Positive silver lining there.

I was able to see the truck at Barrett-Jackson and it looks amazing in person. Too bad we had to stand behind the rope about 8 feet away, I would have loved to sit in it.
Thanks for replying. If you have any pictures that you would like to share please pm me:). Yeah I’m saving $50-$75 per week+ my wife and I are expecting our first child this year so I’m gunna save our child tax credit money for the hummer account as well

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
91 Posts
Thanks for replying. If you have any pictures that you would like to share please pm me:). Yeah I’m saving $50-$75 per week+ my wife and I are expecting our first child this year so I’m gunna save our child tax credit money for the hummer account as well
I took pictures at Barrett Jackson and posted them here already:

My dealership is Yates GMC in Goodyear, AZ and the latest they heard is November for having their demo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts