GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GM is hosting EV media this week for the HummerEV and Lyriq. More to come soon...
Added Bonus, GM is charging the EV's with Hydrotech fuel cells, should be some cool coverage coming out soon! @azbill its in your neighborhood, go scout it out and get us some being the scenes info...

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should be able to make it there before lunch time tomorrow.
They seem to be taking media on a road and trail trip from the pictures I have seen leak out. I would guess they meet up at the stadium in the AM, have a briefing, and set out on their trip, not sure if they would be at the stadium mid day, I think you would have better chance to catch them AM or PM when they come back...

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
436 Posts
Went over this morning before anyone was there, not even any security. There are 17 Hummers there with various external options:
  • Hard tonneau
  • Soft tonneau
  • Roof bars
  • Light pods
  • Single spare tire
  • Dual spare tire
  • Black and Tech Bronze wheels
  • Tent
Did not see a roof mounted light bar. I am heading back over for a Coyote's hockey game tonight, so will see what is going on later.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car
Sky Tire Car Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Sky
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went over this morning before anyone was there, not even any security. There are 17 Hummers there with various external options:
  • Hard tonneau
  • Soft tonneau
  • Roof bars
  • Light pods
  • Single spare tire
  • Dual spare tire
  • Black and Tech Bronze wheels
  • Tent
Did not see a roof mounted light bar. I am heading back over for a Coyote's hockey game tonight, so will see what is going on later.

View attachment 1911 View attachment 1910 View attachment 1909 View attachment 1908
Great detective work.... Wow, 17 of them? did you look at the VIN's? are they the pre production captured fleet models or full production models? Did you get to see the Hydrogen charging station?

·
Registered
154 Posts
They seem to be taking media on a road and trail trip from the pictures I have seen leak out. I would guess they meet up at the stadium in the AM, have a briefing, and set out on their trip, not sure if they would be at the stadium mid day, I think you would have better chance to catch them AM or PM when they come back...
Awesome Work ! Your hired. Get some more pics of tech bronze rims, light bar and any other accessories we haven't seen yet.... awesome stuff!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I did not check the VINs, but many of them appeared to be pre-production, with a few looking like real produciton units.
Great detective work.... Wow, 17 of them? did you look at the VIN's? are they the pre production captured fleet models or full production models? Did you get to see the Hydrogen charging station?
Here is the hydrogen charging station, they are using it for the Hummers. They seem to be a mixture of engineering builds and pre-production, but I did not check any VINs. A few of them had a lot of desert pin striping and dirty tires, but others were nice and clean. I took my wife back to see them and one of the guys let us sit in one and try out the frunk and tailgate. It will look good in my driveway next to the Mach E.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Truck

·
Registered
436 Posts
Some more interesting photos, showing some of the options. The spare tire carrier comes with a lockable toolbox, I assume for the jack and lug wrench. You can see the difference in the hard and soft covers as well. I did notice the box for the hard cover does take up quit a bit of space. The soft cover is held in place with Velcro and does not look very durable to me. I am really thinking about forgoing the covers and going with the spare tire instead.
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel
Car Sky Vehicle Grille Automotive tire
Sky Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Car Vehicle Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think all week, but not sure. The guy I talked to told me the media review today was from 3-5pm. They have been here since the weekend. The main event is on the Great Lawn, west side of the stadium, but you need to have media credentials for that. I showed up in the morning when they were just setting up and most of the trucks were in the parking lot near the Loop 101 (far west side of the lot).

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am really thinking about forgoing the covers and going with the spare tire instead.
Looks like they actually used the spare since there seems to be dirt/tread pattern on the tire mount. I'm thinking of getting a hitch mounted tire rack (Rig'd, Dirtco or Wilco) to avoid taking up the space in the bed:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like they actually used the spare since there seems to be dirt/tread pattern on the tire mount. I'm thinking of getting a hitch mounted tire rack (Rig'd, Dirtco or Wilco) to avoid taking up the space in the bed:
View attachment 1926
Yeah, I thought about that too, but then realized it will most likely block the camera on the tailgate. Not normally a huge thing but with as big as the Hummer is I think I would want that view. My 2020 GMC dually had the same tailgate, and as much as I used that camera for backing up, etc, I would hate to loose ability.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, I thought about that too, but then realized it will most likely block the camera on the tailgate. Not normally a huge thing but with as big as the Hummer is I think I would want that view. My 2020 GMC dually had the same tailgate, and as much as I used that camera for backing up, etc, I would hate to loose ability.
They have camera relocation kits for the GMC trucks; to be confirmed whether they work on a GMC Hummer. Also TBD what can be done about the backup sensors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts