GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
We shall see. Person I was talking to said the GM rep said those options would work with both the truck and SUV when asked. So yes, it’s hearsay. And yet makes no sense to offer it on the SUV while crippling the truck. SUV has the same 400W dual 110V plugs that the truck has. Don’t see where those have any bearing on power options or output from the charge port. As to availability, specifically when, this all may come later. GM has put out more info about the SUV than they have about the truck. Almost seems a bit weird that they haven’t really dropped a ton of info. Asking questions when I saw the truck at Barrett Jackson was difficult. GM had people there to answer questions, but they didn’t have answers to real questions that people were asking. And they would awkwardly dodge questions or ignore when people asked the real doozies like “where do you put the spare tire?”

Edit>
GM announced the PowerStation Generator option for the SUV as an integrated solution and has shown a picture of it on the inside wall of a truck bed. They have confirmed it would be an option for the Hummer EV truck and Silverado EV starting with 2024 model years.

This is not the same solution that taps the power from the charge port. PowerStation Generator 2 is an integrated power solution, not the separate accessory cables you use to draw power from the charge port CCS connector.
I am almost absolutely certain the Hummer EV SUT Edition 1, will not have any charging capability outside the 400W, but we will not have to wait long to find out for sure Steve Carlisle said today on an investor roundtable the HummerEV will officially be launching in "weeks" which I took as before the Refresh Silverado which is Sept 9th. The pictures with the Electric Boat this morning, are part of the filming of the launch media package. Its coming right around the corner.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow, really? too much aerodynamic drag maybe?
Possibly, but I would think it’s a supply issue they don’t want to deal with at the moment. With supplies delayed for practically everything, it could come back in a few months when things finally get through! But, that’s just my supposition.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Possibly, but I would think it’s a supply issue they don’t want to deal with at the moment. With supplies delayed for practically everything, it could come back in a few months when things finally get through! But, that’s just my supposition.
Ya, I am hearing the chips are only one concern now, plastic and rubber raw materials are also a problem. its going to be a crazy next 6 months and the the power shortages in China, cannot be a good for supply chain...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I work in construction, and it is the same way. It's like the old arcade game "Whack a Mole" as soon as you solve one problem, another in the supply chain pops up.... At one point we (I am in building material supply and framing) couldn't get OSB for wall and floor sheathing, then it was the sub-floor adhesive, then the plumbers could not get the fiberglass tubs, at one point Sherwin Williams was out of paint (builder grade anyway) in our whole state, then the builders could not get appliances... Who knows when we will get back to normal or whatever our New Normal will be...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I work in construction, and it is the same way. It's like the old arcade game "Whack a Mole" as soon as you solve one problem, another in the supply chain pops up.... At one point we (I am in building material supply and framing) couldn't get OSB for wall and floor sheathing, then it was the sub-floor adhesive, then the plumbers could not get the fiberglass tubs, at one point Sherwin Williams was out of paint (builder grade anyway) in our whole state, then the builders could not get appliances... Who knows when we will get back to normal or whatever our New Normal will be...
Ya, the supply chain is crazy right now. Companies were flying in single gang electrical boxes from China, because there were none across the USA. In our area we had the OSB shortage then soon after engineered beams, Paralam, Microlam, and even I-joists in some sizes were out of stock. There are still multi family buildings here waiting for fiberglass tubs.

SW was even out of the higher end paints, and price increases. I just painted my garage doors and front door this summer, and I had to wait 2 weeks for 3 gallons of Emerald Urethane. Then my painter did not show up for weeks, so I got tired of waiting went down to Harbor Freight and bought a $200 airless sprayer, and painted them myself. That paint is really awesome, even my first time, I got the paint on nice and thick, but no runs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had heard the same thing about the electrical boxes... And I had even forgotten about all the engineered beams... We went through all of that... And who knows what will be next... At one point we couldn't get OSB and were using anything that we could to substitute.... Now we have OSB stacked everywhere in our yard...

We had houses that were in trim and paint even flooring with no windows installed....

61 - 69 of 69 Posts