GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Each truck has its advantages and disadvantages it all just depends what you’re looking for. Some people need an F150/Silverado some people need a Ranger/Colorado, they both serve different purposes and needs.
And that’s why it’s great that we will soon have a relative plethora of choices! With the Silverado/Sierra and then Ram a few years later we will have even more. I don’t see Atlis making it or Lordstown making it though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Silverado is tooling up in the factory right now, it will hit the market in late 2022, as a 23 model year vehicle.
Hope it does. I’m wondering if we’ll see the Silverado EV reveal at the Texas State Fair? I really don’t think they’ll delay longer than they have to, just to offset the excitement over the Lightning.

Each truck has its advantages and disadvantages it all just depends what you’re looking for. Some people need an F150/Silverado some people need a Ranger/Colorado, they both serve different purposes and needs.
Of course. That’s also what makes the decision rather difficult. When it comes time to finalize my decision, me bank account and the wife are only going to allow for one truck. All of them have features I want or could use that are not necessarily available on the others. None of them are a 100% match to my “perfect” truck. Ultimately the Rivian is out of the running due to overall size. I went to one of their showcase events and got to climb in and out of the R1T. Loved the gear tunnel and air compressor features. No test rides or anything and I really liked it, but too small overall. F-150 makes sense overall and I’ve owned several F150s so it’s pretty familiar territory. I want the Hummer EV to be the one, but I need more power options than the two 110 plugs sharing 400W, the spare solution is an annoying PITA and the Hummer EV3X/ E1 comes at a $30K premium over a Platinum Lightning as I can get below-invoice pricing on the Lightning.

Anyway, I’m rambling on…. F-150 ultimately makes the most sense for my needs/ uses. I’m just trying to make the Hummer work because I really really want one and will definitely buy the Hummer if it’s available to me a significant amount of time before the F-150 (like at least a few months) and/or I can get an Edition 1.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
F-150 has way more rear legroom vs. Rivian (43.6" vs. 36.6" or 38.1" depending on who you reference). Also, massively different hip room in the back (62.6" vs. 54.2").
Hope it does. I’m wondering if we’ll see the Silverado EV reveal at the Texas State Fair? I really don’t think they’ll delay longer than they have to, just to offset the excitement over the Lightning.

Of course. That’s also what makes the decision rather difficult. When it comes time to finalize my decision, me bank account and the wife are only going to allow for one truck. All of them have features I want or could use that are not necessarily available on the others. None of them are a 100% match to my “perfect” truck. Ultimately the Rivian is out of the running due to overall size. I went to one of their showcase events and got to climb in and out of the R1T. Loved the gear tunnel and air compressor features. No test rides or anything and I really liked it, but too small overall. F-150 makes sense overall and I’ve owned several F150s so it’s pretty familiar territory. I want the Hummer EV to be the one, but I need more power options than the two 110 plugs sharing 400W, the spare solution is an annoying PITA and the Hummer EV3X/ E1 comes at a $30K premium over a Platinum Lightning as I can get below-invoice pricing on the Lightning.

Anyway, I’m rambling on…. F-150 ultimately makes the most sense for my needs/ uses. I’m just trying to make the Hummer work because I really really want one and will definitely buy the Hummer if it’s available to me a significant amount of time before the F-150 (like at least a few months) and/or I can get an Edition 1.
SilveradoEV will be unveiled in October at the latest

Prototype testing is already started.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I downloaded the file so if anyone wants it I can email it to them
I just attached it to the first post...it was made publicly available on a non-confidential basis and has been archived by an unrelated third party website.
Interesting.... Maybe the pricing was not intended to be public?
Hopefully the pricing gets better ;)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I just attached it to the first post...it was made publicly available on a non-confidential basis and has been archived by an unrelated third party website.

Hopefully the pricing gets better ;)
There is No chance of that, dealers might charge more...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
There is No chance of that, dealers might charge more...
I revise my hope to hopefully the Accessory Touch-Screen Control Switches ($295), Interior Ambient Footwell Lighting ($250), and Outside Rearview Mirror Projection Lights with GMC Hummer EV Logo ($175) become standard equipment on Edition 1s.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I revise my hope to hopefully the Accessory Touch-Screen Control Switches ($295), Interior Ambient Footwell Lighting ($250), and Outside Rearview Mirror Projection Lights with GMC Hummer EV Logo ($175) become standard equipment on Edition 1s.
This things I do not know about.... I know Edition 1's get puddle lights, but might have to pay for the "Hummer EV" projector.

One thing to remember, After GM priced the Hummer EV, commodity prices have gone up substantially (look at steel) and GM has since raised the price of all of their other vehicles. So getting too many "give me's" I am not expecting, and would not be completely offended if GM raised the prices. I think if GM holds the $112k line, we are winning already.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
This things I do not know about.... I know Edition 1's get puddle lights, but might have to pay for the "Hummer EV" projector.

One thing to remember, After GM priced the Hummer EV, commodity prices have gone up substantially (look at steel) and GM has since raised the price of all of their other vehicles. So getting too many "give me's" I am not expecting, and would not be completely offended if GM raised the prices. I think if GM holds the $112k line, we are winning already.
As a counterpoint to this, the other EVs announced since the Hummer have significantly undercut their pricing (not to say that the Lightning, for example, is directly comparable, of course).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
As a counterpoint to this, the other EVs announced since the Hummer have significantly undercut their pricing (not to say that the Lightning, for example, is directly comparable, of course).
You are comparing a Niche vehicle and a Niche brand to a mass market vehicle. Ford has not given any specific option pricing, other than price ranges (going all the way to $90K), and the F150 Lighting is down on All EV specs compared to the Hummer EV. Range, Charging, Performance, 4 WS, looks, off road, etc etc etc. Wait till Silverado EV is unveiled, it is going to make the F150 Lighting look silly on specs, and won't be a warmed over ICE model converted to EV. GM will price the SilveradoEV to go head to head with Ford as those are the mass market competitors.

My point is GM is not likely to start throwing in extras on the HummerEV, they have a limited production, and far more hand raisers then they can build. If I cry, and pass on my Edition 1, they have a dozen or more people to take my place in line, and many of those people would happily pay more.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Maybe GM cut the link so they could add more items or at least some pics of those not shown now. I choose to be optimistic. 😃

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Maybe GM cut the link so they could add more items or at least some pics of those not shown now. I choose to be optimistic. 😃
I am optimistic too, but also realistic. GM cut that link because of the prices being shown, The dealers will set the final pricing for the add ons, as many of them will have to add installation at the dealership.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I am optimistic too, but also realistic. GM cut that link because of the prices being shown, The dealers will set the final pricing for the add ons, as many of them will have to add installation at the dealership.
I imagine they pulled the link because (a) it wasn't intended to be publicly available yet and/or (b) they're still making a determination on final equipment and MSRP pricing on the parts.

The parts will presumably still have an MSRP (without installation) and you'll be able to see that pricing somewhere outside the dealership. For instance, on the Build & Price tool for a GMC Yukon, they say "MSRP excluding installation, taxes and wheel components (if applicable). Dealer prices may vary." The dealer decides whether to adhere to that MSRP and makes its own determination on labor, and the consumer gets to decide whether to use that dealer or one with better pricing, but there's still an MSRP.

When my local BMW dealer wanted $80 for a single spark plug I could get from another dealer at the $22 MSRP, I went to the dealer that wasn't gouging me.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I imagine they pulled the link because (a) it wasn't intended to be publicly available yet and/or (b) they're still making a determination on final equipment and MSRP pricing on the parts.

The parts will presumably still have an MSRP (without installation) and you'll be able to see that pricing somewhere outside the dealership. For instance, on the Build & Price tool for a GMC Yukon, they say "MSRP excluding installation, taxes and wheel components (if applicable). Dealer prices may vary." The dealer decides whether to adhere to that MSRP and makes its own determination on labor, and the consumer gets to decide whether to use that dealer or one with better pricing, but there's still an MSRP.

When my local BMW dealer wanted $80 for a single spark plug I could get from another dealer at the $22 MSRP, I went to the dealer that wasn't gouging me.
I would do the same thing, find the dealer that is reasonable.

I think it's likely some dealers are going to be gouging on these added features, some dealers think so short term, hence dealerships generally have such bad reputations.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You are comparing a Niche vehicle and a Niche brand to a mass market vehicle. Ford has not given any specific option pricing, other than price ranges (going all the way to $90K), and the F150 Lighting is down on All EV specs compared to the Hummer EV. Range, Charging, Performance, 4 WS, looks, off road, etc etc etc. Wait till Silverado EV is unveiled, it is going to make the F150 Lighting look silly on specs, and won't be a warmed over ICE model converted to EV. GM will price the SilveradoEV to go head to head with Ford as those are the mass market competitors.
While it’s true that Ford has not officially announced any pricing beyond the base for each trim and the maximum Platinum. And it’s not 100% official until Ford says it is, all the F-150 Lightning pricing is in their WBDO system. Including all the equipment group packages and accessories. There’s still a few glitches, mostly on the Lariat+ and Platinum where some things are listed and priced as options yet we know they’re supposed to be included on those trims — like the LED lighting in the bed.

Anyway…. Back on the subject of Hummer EV accessories. Apparently there are some accessory cables for the charge port for power output. One of them is a power-tap that gives additional power outlets for camping or job sites. Another is a vehicle charge cable that lets you charge another vehicle. These were kinda mentioned in the media briefing following the SUV reveal and I had kinda forgot about them. Both the Hummer EV reviews from Jerry Rig Everything and TFL mention them. I know someone who went to the SUV media event and was chatting with him earlier today. They reminded me about them and some of the other things talked about when they were there.

I’m really hoping we get the final specifics on the Hummer SUT real soon. It seems that GM is up to something, I received an email today that promoted the off-road package and their battery tech, but the links are all broken.

My point is GM is not likely to start throwing in extras on the HummerEV, they have a limited production, and far more hand raisers then they can build. If I cry, and pass on my Edition 1, they have a dozen or more people to take my place in line, and many of those people would happily pay more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Anyway…. Back on the subject of Hummer EV accessories. Apparently there are some accessory cables for the charge port for power output. One of them is a power-tap that gives additional power outlets for camping or job sites. Another is a vehicle charge cable that lets you charge another vehicle. These were kinda mentioned in the media briefing following the SUV reveal and I had kinda forgot about them. Both the Hummer EV reviews from Jerry Rig Everything and TFL mention them. I know someone who went to the SUV media event and was chatting with him earlier today. They reminded me about them and some of the other things talked about when they were there.
This is mentioned for the SUV (2024 GMC HUMMER EV SUV Offers New Tactical Tech), but I recall someone mentioning it's SUV only and the truck just has two 120v plugs running off the same 400w inverter:
  • New available Power Station generator.2 The new available Power Station generator2 offers significant external powering capabilities to power off-road adventures and more. With enhanced vehicle hardware, the HUMMER EV SUV can jump charge another electric vehicle at 240v/25A/6kW and power a variety of equipment and accessories at 120v/25A/3kW.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We shall see. Person I was talking to said the GM rep said those options would work with both the truck and SUV when asked. So yes, it’s hearsay. And yet makes no sense to offer it on the SUV while crippling the truck. SUV has the same 400W dual 110V plugs that the truck has. Don’t see where those have any bearing on power options or output from the charge port. As to availability, specifically when, this all may come later. GM has put out more info about the SUV than they have about the truck. Almost seems a bit weird that they haven’t really dropped a ton of info. Asking questions when I saw the truck at Barrett Jackson was difficult. GM had people there to answer questions, but they didn’t have answers to real questions that people were asking. And they would awkwardly dodge questions or ignore when people asked the real doozies like “where do you put the spare tire?”

Edit>
GM announced the PowerStation Generator option for the SUV as an integrated solution and has shown a picture of it on the inside wall of a truck bed. They have confirmed it would be an option for the Hummer EV truck and Silverado EV starting with 2024 model years.

This is not the same solution that taps the power from the charge port. PowerStation Generator 2 is an integrated power solution, not the separate accessory cables you use to draw power from the charge port CCS connector.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts