GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Considering it's weight and Offroading setup for its suspension this isn't that bad.
Soft shocks and independent suspensions hurt tow ratings.

Look at other off-roading configured trucks and their non-off-roading counter parts.

Also, GM tow ratings are all based on trim levels, it will change based on vehicle weight content/specifications.

As for range GM has always been very conservative on the range numbers, many of their vehicles exceed the EPA numbers.
My order is in!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Reading the statement on percentages is so vague... reminds me of Ron burgundy... "60 percent of the time it works 100 percent of the time"....
Why not come out and say it? Is there a number they think will not look great?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't believe they are making 30k or more edition 1 trucks..
I remember members reporting back even just a couple months after the first reservations were offered and there was 10 ev3 or better reservations for every 1 reservation at the dealerships. Anyone care to call about 5 different dealerships and see how many edition 1s trucks they are getting versus overall hummer reservations ???? I bet it's more than 10 to 1 by now...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I don't believe they are making 30k or more edition 1 trucks..
I remember members reporting back even just a couple months after the first reservations were offered and there was 10 ev3 or better reservations for every 1 reservation at the dealerships. Anyone care to call about 5 different dealerships and see how many edition 1s trucks they are getting versus overall hummer reservations ???? I bet it's more than 10 to 1 by now...
I think the data was misreported, GM has Hummer set up for low production and only 1 shift, no way will they build 30K in the next 12 months. Batteries are being built on a pilot line at Brownsfield currently, a few hundred a month, tops... Lordstown will not come online until Q3, per reports.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah thinking about it now.... little too hype in the beginning, yeah it's going to be a slow ramp. Maybe we will see greater numbers by the end of the year and then fulfill 3X orders that might make up the bulk of the preorders.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Feels like I’m gonna be waiting years for the 3x. Maybe i should have ordered the F150 lightning which will probably be manufactured and delivered quicker.
I’m just hoping some inventory opens up after the 6 months when dealerships can start selling floor models. Maybe that will help with the delivery delay a little bit? Just praying the smaller dealership i choose has fewer reservations and I can slide into the waitlist for an EV one.

congrats to all you who are finally getting updates. Looking forward to hearing real world stuff but overall sad news to hear the missed mark on serval factors as well as having to temper my excitement even further and realize it may be multiple more years before I can get behind the wheel of my own truck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
First of all, GM launched this HummerEV program 2 weeks after Rivian left them at the alter, this was most certainly launched as an answer to the Rivian R1T (just like BrightDrop was an answer to the Rivian Van). Rivian succeeded in creating a better balanced vehicle and that has broader range of capabilities, and for far less $$.

Sad, I think GM missed the target on capabilities. This Hummer might compete with ICE competitors but the EV competition will blow it away.
Not sure how to Rivian is much cheaper. The Adventure Package is still 76k and after adding options comes out to about 90k and I didn’t even throw in the kitchen sink! Not sure I can justify spending that on a truck I don’t absolutely love just to hold me over till my number is picked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
about 90k and I didn’t even throw in the kitchen sink!
This kind of option, like tent, kitchen and whatnot shouldn’t be factored in a vehicle to vehicle price tag comparison imho. If you plan to have one anyway, Rivian is one seller, but you could find other one for the Hummer on the aftermarket etc. To hit the 90k you’ve also probably added the extra long range battery which then brings the EPA range to 400, which beats the Hummer, for less price.
Don’t get me wrong, I wish I was a Ev1 holder, but I also think Tom has a point.
Not sure if the configurator for rivian is behind the paywal or not, but if that's the case and you want to run down some numbers I can help with mine.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
284 Posts
This kind of option, like tent, kitchen and whatnot shouldn’t be factored in a vehicle to vehicle price tag comparison imho. If you plan to have one anyway, Rivian is one seller, but you could find other one for the Hummer on the aftermarket etc. To hit the 90k you’ve also probably added the extra long range battery which then brings the EPA range to 400, which beats the Hummer, for less price.
Don’t get me wrong, I wish I was a Ev1 holder, but I also think Tom has a point.
Not sure if the configurator for rivian is behind the paywal or not, but if that's the case and you want to run down some numbers I can help with mine.
I had my Rivian, since cancelled, up to 90K without the kitchen. But it did not include a removable roof, which they have not released any info on yet. Yes it had 400 mile range, but much smaller bed and just a standard tailgate.

It is hard to compare the two directly, because the feature set is different. And Rivian is currently stuck with 400V architecture for charging, not really state of the art for a company that is entirely EV.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I had my Rivian, since cancelled, up to 90K without the kitchen. But it did not include a removable roof, which they have not released any info on yet. Yes it had 400 mile range, but much smaller bed and just a standard tailgate.

It is hard to compare the two directly, because the feature set is different. And Rivian is currently stuck with 400V architecture for charging, not really state of the art for a company that is entirely EV.
Tesla also 400V charging... It works and All of Tesla's current models add range faster then the Hummer EV...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Ya, and the HummerEv should be optioned up, GM makes you pay extra for footwell lights, puddle lights, etc, etc, etc...

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
284 Posts
Tesla also 400V charging... It works and All of Tesla's current models add range faster then the Hummer EV...
It remains to be seen what the charging rate will be for the Cybertruck. I think you are comparing apples to oranges, car versus a truck. Reports from a couple of Rivian owners indicate 187kW peak rate. Tesla is able to charge at 250kW because they are pushing 625A through a very short cable. Ford is also targeting the Lightning to be 400V and only 150kW charging. At least the new Sierra/Silverado are also supposed to be 800V and they will be more efficient than the Hummer.

How about comparing the Tesla charging rates to Lucid or the new Hyundai's.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts