GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
233 Posts
I’m interested in the effects on range as well. It definitely looks sharp!
Going from the 21s to the 20s on the Rivian R1T drops range as follows:
For 20" wheels, our estimates show a range reduction of 10-15%, with a 5-10% reduction for 22" wheels.

The Rivian 20" wheels are on 34.1" tires (275/65R20), while the 21" wheels are on 32.9" tires (275/55R21). Haven't seen weights on either wheel size, but the tires are 48 and 37 lbs, respectively (while presumably the 20" wheel weighs a bit less than the 21" and the 21" has less rolling resistance).

Just conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 37s similarly drop HEV range around 15% or more.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Going from the 21s to the 20s on the Rivian R1T drops range as follows:
For 20" wheels, our estimates show a range reduction of 10-15%, with a 5-10% reduction for 22" wheels.

The Rivian 20" wheels are on 34.1" tires (275/65R20), while the 21" wheels are on 32.9" tires (275/55R21). Haven't seen weights on either wheel size, but the tires are 48 and 37 lbs, respectively (while presumably the 20" wheel weighs a bit less than the 21" and the 21" has less rolling resistance).

Just conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 37s similarly drop HEV range around 15% or more.
On the Rivian not only size and weight difference but also tread difference which affects aerodynamics A LOT, and also rolling resistance which are the 2 biggest forces acting against an EV. Soft, and knobbed tires have far higher resistance than the highway tread option offered on the base Rivian. Would guess in mixed driving the Hummer sees a 10% drop-off with the 37's, and highway only more like 20% drop off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I talked to the shop that did it. They used links on front end, which is also my plan. For those that dont know all air suspension cars and trucks have links on them that you cant adjust. Basically lets vehicle know when to stop at what settings. Example my Tesla Plaid I wanted it lowered so I did lowering links that are billet and adjustable, which dropped car to low setting when car is set to normal height. Then when i put it into low setting its few inches lower then stock, tires right under fender.

Here is video of my tesla plaid with links on my IG. Thats not me thats owner of company in video with 1 of my bulldogs cobalt.
http://instagr.am/p/CWL9fgID65H/
Now take that and go the other way. Now you can lift the hummer over stock vs lower it. This shop just did front to get it same height as rear for a front to rear level look. Hummer already fits 37s stock so you dont need to raise front but it does look better. I am going to raise it 2 inches with goal to fit 39s or 38s. This will mean at the normal height setting the truck will be at off road high setting. The truck will still lower at highway speeds but only to normal height as all setting's will now be 2 inches higher then stock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.