GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
BIG FAN of how much closer it is to the H1 than H2 with the lower positioned 'EV' part.
Agreed with you both...I didn't expect this! I'm loving the obvious call to the past badges. I've been very impressed with just how much heritage they're infusing into these two vehicles...they're looking at everything.

BTW, great find, @AllTerrain. The national media won't pick up on this nearly as quick lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Also, does anyone think that this might signal a slight name change? The patent says "Hummer H-EV," similar to the old "Hummer H1, H2 and H3," where "Hummer" was the brand, and the "H-numbers" were the model. Do you think they may be de-emphasizing the "GMC" part, and really trying to make Hummer a true sub-brand, instead of just a model of GMC?

For example, "Hummer, by GMC." That sounds really nice, and imho, better than "GMC Hummer."

·
Registered
155 Posts
Also, does anyone think that this might signal a slight name change? The patent says "Hummer H-EV," similar to the old "Hummer H1, H2 and H3," where "Hummer" was the brand, and the "H-numbers" were the model. Do you think they may be de-emphasizing the "GMC" part, and really trying to make Hummer a true sub-brand, instead of just a model of GMC?

For example, "Hummer, by GMC." That sounds really nice, and imho, better than "GMC Hummer."
I think for sure they're going to tone down the GMC part. My guess is that on the actual truck there won't be a lot of GMC badges on it.

As for it being a true sub-brand I'm torn, on the one hand it makes sense as part of GM's EV push, on the other hand I imagine it makes more financial sense for it to stay under GMC.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think for sure they're going to tone down the GMC part. My guess is that on the actual truck there won't be a lot of GMC badges on it.

As for it being a true sub-brand I'm torn, on the one hand it makes sense as part of GM's EV push, on the other hand I imagine it makes more financial sense for it to stay under GMC.
I know what you mean. I will always wish that Hummer was back as it's own brand, but obviously, GM is done with the days of tossing hundreds of millions, even billions, of dollars into creating brands. Hummer was never going to come back as a separate franchise.

BUT, I think they could still do better with the format they have now. Hummer can still be a part of GMC, but not a model. "Hummer, by GMC" sounds much more like an actual brand within a brand, which I think helps with marketing. They'll still sell in GMC dealerships, they'll still be under GMC, but they can still maintain a sense of uniqueness that the old Hummer franchise had. This way, you can have the Hummer H-EV SUT, Hummer H-EV SUV, and potentially other smaller Hummer models, like a Hummer H-EV Sport, or a Hummer with fuel cell technology supplementing it's electric battery, like Nikola.

In other words, you can kind of bring the Hummer brand back under the GMC brand. You leave so many avenues open this way. When you only do "GMC Hummer EV," you've already used the Hummer name up as the model, and you can't really expand it. I may not be explaining this well lol...either way, beggars can't be choosers. If they stick with GMC Hummer EV, I'll still be thrilled to have it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know what you mean. I will always wish that Hummer was back as it's own brand, but obviously, GM is done with the days of tossing hundreds of millions, even billions, of dollars into creating brands. Hummer was never going to come back as a separate franchise.

BUT, I think they could still do better with the format they have now. Hummer can still be a part of GMC, but not a model. "Hummer, by GMC" sounds much more like an actual brand within a brand, which I think helps with marketing. They'll still sell in GMC dealerships, they'll still be under GMC, but they can still maintain a sense of uniqueness that the old Hummer franchise had. This way, you can have the Hummer H-EV SUT, Hummer H-EV SUV, and potentially other smaller Hummer models, like a Hummer H-EV Sport, or a Hummer with fuel cell technology supplementing it's electric battery, like Nikola.

In other words, you can kind of bring the Hummer brand back under the GMC brand. You leave so many avenues open this way. When you only do "GMC Hummer EV," you've already used the Hummer name up as the model, and you can't really expand it. I may not be explaining this well lol...either way, beggars can't be choosers. If they stick with GMC Hummer EV, I'll still be thrilled to have it.
I can get behind them doing something like that. Their marketing and advertising department is going to have a field day promoting this thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts