GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Geico came back at about $1200/year for me and that varied a bit if I had them quote a couple other things. Talked to an agent... With no info available yet on the Hummer EV, it’s really just a ballpark guesstimate based on their profile for GM vehicles and the MSRP.

Progressive was pretty much the same, had to call in to get the number. Similar number, same reasoning.

I laughed at my Central Mutual agent. Quoted me almost $6K. They really have something against EVs. Oh and other excuses about large trucks/ SUVs and excessive damages and all that. But they’re only charging me $780/year for my ‘18 Expedition Max Platinum And $625/year for my ’12 diesel F-350…. This is why my Model S is not on this policy.

I’m reviewing business stuff with my commercial agent next month so I’ll inquire about the Hummer with him then. Hopefully we’ll have a lot more info by then too.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Geico came back at about $1200/year for me and that varied a bit if I had them quote a couple other things. Talked to an agent... With no info available yet on the Hummer EV, it’s really just a ballpark guesstimate based on their profile for GM vehicles and the MSRP.

Progressive was pretty much the same, had to call in to get the number. Similar number, same reasoning.

I laughed at my Central Mutual agent. Quoted me almost $6K. They really have something against EVs. Oh and other excuses about large trucks/ SUVs and excessive damages and all that. But they’re only charging me $780/year for my ‘18 Expedition Max Platinum And $625/year for my ’12 diesel F-350…. This is why my Model S is not on this policy.

I’m reviewing business stuff with my commercial agent next month so I’ll inquire about the Hummer with him then. Hopefully we’ll have a lot more info by then too.
Ya, insurance rates for the Hummer EV will be based on GMC rates / value initially. If the Hummer has higher incidence of claims the rates may change at first renewal, but even then not much.

Central Mutual... Who? I have never heard of them. Are they an agent/broker? or do they actually underwrite the policy? I used to be with Country Mutual for my personal insurance, and business, but when the Covid thing started last year I took a look at all recurring expenses, and Geico saved me a bunch of money. haha!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess specifically, I’m with Central Insurance, which is comprised of Central Mutual and All America Insurance. The latter owns a bunch of Life Insurance carriers like The Guardian Life and some other things. They underwrite their own policies, or at least all that I’ve seen. Central has been really good to me, I’ve been with them for almost 8 years and the only thing they have done that I have an issue with is their Tesla coverage, or more specifically EV coverage it seems. And they don’t do motorcycles/ ATVs. In the time I’ve been with them, I’ve had one claim on the house — storm damage, needed some roof and window repairs. And they handled an accident claim when a texting driver rear-ended our Explorer that was stopped in traffic. They handled every aspect of that claim and settlement with the other insurance company and did a stellar job.

My current agent with them is pretty new, previous one retired last year after not liking to work from home due to covid. I give my agent a hard time over the Tesla/ EV quotes. He agrees they’re way out of line, but his hands are tied.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts