GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I hope I can ask some charging questions here? So it looks like Ill definitely have to run a 220 line out to my garage to charge this beast right? Do I put a 220 dryer plug on the wall, or will it have some kind of charging station? What about the cord? Will GM supply us with a 20 footer to plug this thing in? I know no one probably has any idea yet to these questions, Im just thinking ahead.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would recommend running a 50A 240V line to the garage and use a wallbox from any of the major manufacturers. GM will provide a connector, however we do not know the type, style, or specs yet. Having owned EV's for 8 years, I usually carry the factory connector with me in case of emergencies (have not had one yet). I am currently using a JuiceBox which has worked well, but ChargePoint and others sell a similar product. Is your Electrical service / panel in the garage?
Electric panel is in basement, attached garage but no way this Hummer will fit in it. Ill have to run cord out to it in the driveway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.