GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
It is odd. I’ve checked probably 20 VINs I found in various places. Most have the recall but a few didn’t. My VIN does not show up however the dealer will still not deliver my Hummer that is sitting on their lot. They ran it all the way up to GM HQ and were told regardless of recall status all Hummers are Stop Sale until further notice.

· Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6 PHEV, 2022 HEV1
160 Posts
I was looking for more details or any updates this morning and I reread the main report to NHTSA. This stands out at the beginning of the report:

Population : Number of potentially involved : 824
Estimated percentage with defect : 1 %

8.24 vehicles are defective and we are in this situation?

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,694 Posts
I was looking for more details or any updates this morning and I reread the main report to NHTSA. This stands out at the beginning of the report:

They know cause and the likely number of the vehicles impacted.... but they can't be certain which were impacted. So they are going through the process of developing a plan to go through them all.

· Registered
46 Posts

Looks like they are going to send out a little something for waiting. Today is 8 weeks from the start of the stop sale and all I really want is the truck. I wonder if this is about the halfway point and we still have another 8 weeks to go or could it be longer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6 PHEV, 2022 HEV1
160 Posts

Looks like they are going to send out a little something for waiting. Today is 8 weeks from the start of the stop sale and all I really want is the truck. I wonder if this is about the halfway point and we still have another 8 weeks to go or could it be longer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems that longer thinking will serve us. The gm-trucks article said they would send out this message 4 weeks ago so we are already 4 weeks late?

· Registered
468 Posts
Man I feel for you guys since those of us with them can drive them perfectly fine. It's not like we are deep water wading all that much ha. I'd also be pissed if my VIN was just sitting in a lot somewhere even longer. Hope they lift it soon, even without a fix if necessary.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,220 Posts

1% was the number stated for the Bolt battery defects as well. I think it's just the lowest percentage they can state and they can't prove how many really are affected without inspection.

GM dicking me around for over a year on the Bolt issue made it an easy choice to sell the Hummer when I was having issues the dealer was dragging their feet on fixing.

· Registered
1 Posts
I received the gift email today. I was a "spring delivery" but the vehicle hit my dealer's lot late October. I was told my VIN was not affected while the vehicle was in transit however when it arrived 5 days later the stop sale was in place. My salesman did send a picture today that even while it's sitting they're installing my accessories. Super frustrating.

· Registered
468 Posts
I received the gift email today. I was a "spring delivery" but the vehicle hit my dealer's lot late October. I was told my VIN was not affected while the vehicle was in transit however when it arrived 5 days later the stop sale was in place. My salesman did send a picture today that even while it's sitting they're installing my accessories. Super frustrating.
They really botched all those estimates. I was a Fall delivery, got mine months ago and loving it.

· Registered
43 Posts
I did not receive the gift email. Strange. Have received all other emails to date. Mine is at the dealer as well.

· Registered
306 Posts
1% was the number stated for the Bolt battery defects as well. I think it's just the lowest percentage they can state and they can't prove how many really are affected without inspection.

GM dicking me around for over a year on the Bolt issue made it an easy choice to sell the Hummer when I was having issues the dealer was dragging their feet on fixing.
I think $100,000. Profit made it an easy choice for you to sell the hummer….lol just sayin!

· Registered
6 Posts
My VIN shows the recall on NHTSA's website. Calling the Hummer concierge will not get you any new information. They told me they would update me weekly - they have not. I signed all the paperwork, paid for my Hummer, and arranged to pick it up the following Friday - the same day the stop sale order came out. I could not take it. I now own a vehicle title and am the legal owner but I guess that doesn't matter to them. 🤷‍♀️ Pretty easy to keep it out of rain/water where I live.

I did request a loaner vehicle this week. At first my dealership said no. As I was plotting my next step, they called back and said they would make it happen. I definitely prefer my Hummer though lol. I really wish I picked it up the day before.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts