GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6 PHEV, 2022 HEV1
142 Posts
Just heard from my dealer that when the stop sale is lifted, the order for repairs will be as follows. Delivered units will get fixed first, followed by dealer units and finally the remaining ED1 reservation units. This is particularly frustrating for me if this is true! Why would the dealer units take priority over the ED1 reservations given most subsequent model reservations (3X / 2X) are already sold out? IMHO, dealers don't need a unit to display if they're already sold out!! My ED1 reservation was a Summer 2022 and now a Fall 2022. Take this all for what it's worth.. just words.
Any word on when the process will start?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Their choices are ship new packs to dealers and refurb/recycle the old or have service departments reseal them. I know some people mentioned dealers already servicing Bolts, etc. but you don’t sell Bolts on their ability to ford water depths of 26-32 inches so they’re probably trying everything possible to avoid having to ship nearly a thousand 3000lb battery packs to and from dealers across the country before resigning themselves to that outcome. If they had settled on just having dealerships reseal them I feel like we’d already have heard that was the solution and that they’d already begun rectifying the problem but it’s been months since the issue arose and now over a month since the stop-sale. They might even take advantage of Factory Zero shutting down at the end of the month (presumably until 2023) to divert batteries to addressing the recall. I hate to be negative Nancy on here but I would be floored if anyone in here gets a 3X before May/June next year. Stop sale probably won’t be lifted until after new years when they’re either resealing existing packs or installing new ones. And either way, the rollout of fixed trucks will be glacial.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,102 Posts
Got this email yesterday from GMC. I thought the interesting part is they just say don't drive the vehicle through water over 24" deep. Makes me feel a little better about the whole situation.

View attachment 3609
Wonder if you'd get a "fix" quicker if you drove through 25" deep water.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Font Rectangle Smile Handwriting Circle

Going to skip this part of the maintenance schedule until GM figures this out. I live in Tennessee so salt isn’t used for ice very often.

I haven’t got a recall notice yet, but expect one. Personally, I don’t want my battery pack replaced. I like the fact that my battery was made before they “ramped up production”. Just inspect and reseal as necessary.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts