GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nope. My understanding is that all Hummers are on stop sale. Regardless of VIN/Year
I meant before the stop sale. If 2023's started production in July it would be "surprising" (not surprising) if none had been delivered in the three months before the stop sale.

I was unsure if anyone had taken delivery of a 2023 by early October. I guess it will forever remain a mystery why it takes 3+ months for "completed" trucks to make it from the factory to dealerships.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I meant before the stop sale. If 2023's started production in July it would be "surprising" (not surprising) if none had been delivered in the three months before the stop sale.

I was unsure if anyone had taken delivery of a 2023 by early October. I guess it will forever remain a mystery why it takes 3+ months for "completed" trucks to make it from the factory to dealerships.
I'm not sure 2023s all started in July. Besides my June build, an August build also showed up same time ans was a 22

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm not sure 2023s all started in July. Besides my June build, an August build also showed up same time ans was a 22
I guess the only explanation that both 2023's started production in July and 2022's were completing production in August and being delivered in October is that it just takes 2-3 months to "build" a Hummer EV from start to complete, so the model year dates overlap while concurrently being built.. Is GM still shipping completed trucks to dealers during the stop-sale or are they just piling up in the factory parking lot?

·
Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6 PHEV, 2022 HEV1
142 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
About a week before the stop sale was issued I got a call from my dealer that my ED1 had be built. He also informed me that my scheduled ship date was the second week of November. After the stop sale was issued, I assumed that GM would hold all built vehicles at the factory and correct the recall before shipping them to dealers. With no updates from GM and 4-6 week shipping times, I had prepared myself to not take delivery until 2023.
To my surprise, I got a call from my dealer two days ago saying that my ED1 had arrived, but they can't sell it to me. They were going to perform PDI and then just wait on GM for answers.
My hope is that GM continues shipping ED1's out, and comes up with a fix that the dealers are capable of performing themselves so that a lot of us can have a Merry Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts

You want to talk about a mystery. I'm still waiting on a 2022 Yukon built back in March to ship here. I've since then delivered around 6 2023 Yukons. We are getting new model year vehicles ahead of our old ones now.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,576 Posts
You want to talk about a mystery. I'm still waiting on a 2022 Yukon built back in March to ship here. I've since then delivered around 6 2023 Yukons. We are getting new model year vehicles ahead of our old ones now.
talk to your parts department? I've heard they sometimes get news about vehicles before anyone else... Like if a vehicle has issues PDI parts can be delayed to recalled.

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
talk to your parts department? I've heard they sometimes get news about vehicles before anyone else... Like if a vehicle has issues PDI parts can be delayed to recalled.
I ran into that last year actually on a different vehicle. This time parts doesn't know anything. And to top it off we've had 0% financing every month since last November when he ordered it and now that's gone this month with nothing I can do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just heard from my dealer that when the stop sale is lifted, the order for repairs will be as follows. Delivered units will get fixed first, followed by dealer units and finally the remaining ED1 reservation units. This is particularly frustrating for me if this is true! Why would the dealer units take priority over the ED1 reservations given most subsequent model reservations (3X / 2X) are already sold out? IMHO, dealers don't need a unit to display if they're already sold out!! My ED1 reservation was a Summer 2022 and now a Fall 2022. Take this all for what it's worth.. just words.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts