GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about fire, water intrusion is primarily a concern for creating a short, ruining cells, etc. The point of the recall is to correct the problem before it becomes a problem, at large. There are LOT of moving parts with a recall. Reproducing the problem, isolating the cause, coming up with a remedy, the logistics of rolling out a fix, the technical documentation to go along with it, warranty implications, etc. GM HAS to get it right because stumbling on their Flagship EV is not an option, so anyone under stop sale should probably at least prepare themselves for a months long wait. At least if they solve it faster, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Who wants to coast on a highway from 80mph while all others are still doing 80...you feel me?

If I owned it, it would be Parked...
Every vehicle ever produced carries the risk of losing power. You know, because things break. Would you drive anything over 3-years-old? Because as vehicles age, the risk of component failure goes up exponentially.

Sooooooo, if this is actually something you fret over, some food-for-thought. :unsure:

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
819 Posts
Every vehicle ever produced carries the risk of losing power. You know, because things break. Would you drive anything over 3-years-old? Because as vehicles age, the risk of component failure goes up exponentially.

Sooooooo, if this is actually something you fret over, some food-for-thought. :unsure:
I had an old 1980 Suburban that I took on a ski trip many years ago, and on the way home the shaft in the distributor broke while driving on the freeway. I was able to pull over and certainly did not consider it a safety issue. It was much more of an annoyance. Any vehicle can quit at any time due to a failure.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sheesh the odds of having an issue are slim. I'm driving normally here and they didn't recommend not to. Understand some worry more I guess but the recall isn't anythingthT would be severely dangerous anyway. Heck, Tesla AP slams on the brakes with ghost stops all the times but tons of those out there.

·
Registered
106 Posts

What are you talking about 🤣 We're talking about a vehicle that has a known issue/recall/warning/whatever, nothing to do with age 🤣

Whoever is out there driving these vehicles with this warning is no real concern of mine; I'm just saying, if I had the Hummer right now with the warning message from GM, it would be parked until they fixed it... If that doesn't make sense to you, then o well...

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,576 Posts
What are you talking about 🤣 We're talking about a vehicle that has a known issue/recall/warning/whatever, nothing to do with age 🤣

Whoever is out there driving these vehicles with this warning is no real concern of mine; I'm just saying, if I had the Hummer right now with the warning message from GM, it would be parked until they fixed it... If that doesn't make sense to you, then o well...
It's going to be fine unless you want to drive through Lots of water.... even then only about 1% of the trucks are thought to be impacted.

·
Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6 PHEV, 2022 HEV1
142 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Doesn't seem to be any new news here. We are now 4 weeks into the stop sale. My Hummer (built 3/22 and arrived at dealer 9/22) is sitting at the dealer here in TN. The sales manager there has been awesome in keeping me updated. Albeit there has been very little movement. Based on the recall website my VIN is not subject to the recall and that has been confirmed by the dealer with GM. Even so, there remains a stop sale on ALL Hummer VINs. It seems that GM is being super conservative here until they complete all the internal processes and verifications. Not surprising given the Bolt experience.

Very frustrating to drive by the dealer every now and then and see my Hummer being held hostage but it is what it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doesn't seem to be any new news here. We are now 4 weeks into the stop sale. My Hummer (built 3/22 and arrived at dealer 9/22) is sitting at the dealer here in TN. The sales manager there has been awesome in keeping me updated. Albeit there has been very little movement. Based on the recall website my VIN is not subject to the recall and that has been confirmed by the dealer with GM. Even so, there remains a stop sale on ALL Hummer VINs. It seems that GM is being super conservative here until they complete all the internal processes and verifications. Not surprising given the Bolt experience.

Very frustrating to drive by the dealer every now and then and see my Hummer being held hostage but it is what it is.
Please post any information that your dealer provides. I am in the same situation and my dealer seems oblivious of any actions by GMC. I was a day late to pick it up and now it just sits there. Super frustrating.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please post any information that your dealer provides. I am in the same situation and my dealer seems oblivious of any actions by GMC. I was a day late to pick it up and now it just sits there. Super frustrating.
Will do. Same as you, I missed the cutoff by one day.

The dealer was ready to deliver last Thursday after they verified not subject to recall but the Regional GM rep stopped it. So close.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts