GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 155 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Mine is not on the recall list per the website even though it was produced 3/22. Arrived at the dealer 9.28.22. I am assuming it is not on the recall list because it has not actually been sold. It sits at the dealership under the stop sale. Can't recall a vehicle that has not been sold.

· Registered
514 Posts
Mine is not on the recall list per the website even though it was produced 3/22. Arrived at the dealer 9.28.22. I am assuming it is not on the recall list because it has not actually been sold. It sits at the dealership under the stop sale. Can't recall a vehicle that has not been sold.
Mine was produced 3/22 also. I took delivery in July and am not on the recall list…yet.

· Registered
42 Posts
Mine was produced 3/22 also. I took delivery in July and am not on the recall list…yet.
Interesting. A lot still to play out on this it seems. Hence I guess the delay in the letters until Nov 28. They may need to sort who got what and when.

It's becoming clearer to me that the stop sale is unlikely to be lifted before Nov 28 in any event. The question is will I even get to take delivery of a 2022 in 2022.

· Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6 PHEV, 2022 HEV1
159 Posts
Interesting. A lot still to play out on this it seems. Hence I guess the delay in the letters until Nov 28. They may need to sort who got what and when.

It's becoming clearer to me that the stop sale is unlikely to be lifted before Nov 28 in any event. The question is will I even get to take delivery of a 2022 in 2022.
I am hoping for more progress on the stop sale vehicles. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

· Registered
464 Posts
Super bummer on all of this. Mine is in the recall list now. Hoping they can figure out something soon.
True. I wouldn't worry too much, the chances of having an issue are relatively low, and really only if your in water or so a lot (don't know if just rain, etc. is an issue)...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion with my dealer here in Southwest Florida suggests that only 11 vehicles were actually affected by the stop sale and they have two unaffected units they are set to deliver this week. Furthermore on the theories regarding Hurricane Ian they are aware of only one Hummer EV that was affected as a total loss as it was located on Sanibel Island outside of Fort Myers where the storm made its initial landfall.
Your dealer is insane. This stop sale is much bigger than 11 units. It is likely every truck will be recalled as a part of thins once they figure out a fix. It spans vins from the 300's to over 800's so thats pretty much every truck built thus far. From what I can tell at this point, they will end up replacing batteries, as there is no conceivable way they have the techs at the dealers trained enough to crack open the HV pack and work on it.

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
876 Posts
Your dealer is insane. This stop sale is much bigger than 11 units. It is likely every truck will be recalled as a part of thins once they figure out a fix. It spans vins from the 300's to over 800's so thats pretty much every truck built thus far. From what I can tell at this point, they will end up replacing batteries, as there is no conceivable way they have the techs at the dealers trained enough to crack open the HV pack and work on it.
Cracking open a battery pack is simpler than cracking open a motor. This is part of the training they have to go through to get EV certified.

Here is a university professor tearing down a Bolt battery, and simply resealing the case is much less involved.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,684 Posts
Late November was when GM was said to communicate the fix for owners.

41 - 60 of 155 Posts