GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
So far it seems the stop is on trucks that were built earlier, like late 2021 - May 22. Mine was built in June 22 and has no recall... on FB someone even just took deliver of like 5 P something built in Nov 2021. Yalls really sat in lots for a while and they must have missed out on some production fixes/improvements.

· Registered
464 Posts
Super bummer on all of this. Mine is in the recall list now. Hoping they can figure out something soon.
True. I wouldn't worry too much, the chances of having an issue are relatively low, and really only if your in water or so a lot (don't know if just rain, etc. is an issue)...

· Registered
464 Posts
Sheesh the odds of having an issue are slim. I'm driving normally here and they didn't recommend not to. Understand some worry more I guess but the recall isn't anythingthT would be severely dangerous anyway. Heck, Tesla AP slams on the brakes with ghost stops all the times but tons of those out there.

· Registered
464 Posts
Man feel you guys, would pain me knowing my truck is there on the lot just waiting. ;-) I'm driving totally as normal, aware of the water potential issues, but not really worried most of the time as its dry here 99%...

· Registered
464 Posts
I meant before the stop sale. If 2023's started production in July it would be "surprising" (not surprising) if none had been delivered in the three months before the stop sale.

I was unsure if anyone had taken delivery of a 2023 by early October. I guess it will forever remain a mystery why it takes 3+ months for "completed" trucks to make it from the factory to dealerships.
I'm not sure 2023s all started in July. Besides my June build, an August build also showed up same time ans was a 22

· Registered
464 Posts
Does anyone even have an official recall yet when they do a VIN check? I just checked NHTSA.gov and the GM VIN check and I am still clear.
I only see my recall notice on the GMC site. No other external sites yet. Maybe because they are calling it a voluntary recall?

· Registered
464 Posts
Man I feel for you guys since those of us with them can drive them perfectly fine. It's not like we are deep water wading all that much ha. I'd also be pissed if my VIN was just sitting in a lot somewhere even longer. Hope they lift it soon, even without a fix if necessary.

· Registered
464 Posts
I received the gift email today. I was a "spring delivery" but the vehicle hit my dealer's lot late October. I was told my VIN was not affected while the vehicle was in transit however when it arrived 5 days later the stop sale was in place. My salesman did send a picture today that even while it's sitting they're installing my accessories. Super frustrating.
They really botched all those estimates. I was a Fall delivery, got mine months ago and loving it.

· Registered
464 Posts
My VIN shows the recall on NHTSA's website. Calling the Hummer concierge will not get you any new information. They told me they would update me weekly - they have not. I signed all the paperwork, paid for my Hummer, and arranged to pick it up the following Friday - the same day the stop sale order came out. I could not take it. I now own a vehicle title and am the legal owner but I guess that doesn't matter to them. 🤷‍♀️ Pretty easy to keep it out of rain/water where I live.

I did request a loaner vehicle this week. At first my dealership said no. As I was plotting my next step, they called back and said they would make it happen. I definitely prefer my Hummer though lol. I really wish I picked it up the day before.
Wow in your situation I'd be pushing to take it home. You own it, not the dealer so it was sold before the stop sale you could say. Especially with their note to OWNERS just advising not to go in 2 feet or more of water mainly. Seems like a legal issue for dealer to keep your property without y o ur permission.

· Registered
464 Posts
I just received the same punt to Spring ‘23. Hopefully this means they have a plan, but I’m not holding my breathe. Repairing ~850 vehicles across the country is a logistical challenge I would imagine. I’ve heard first hand that many dealers are not well equipped to work on these yet. That will likely change over time, but it’s early days.
Good luck to all of you that already took delivery, hope the battery fix goes smooth.
Hmmm they should just offer a lot of Ed1 customers a nww similar spec 3X 2023 and let dealers take the ones in need of battery repairs or similar plan of its so hard to fix this battery recall. I'd bite to start over fresh in a trade, in a good color hehe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts