GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
heard about a stop sale coming on some hummer ev orders because of water getting in the battery packs. If anyone is about to take delivery or has one in transit to the dealer it would seem that the wait just got longer.
My dealer called me this morning and told me about this. They said it was issued last night and they have no timeframe on how long the stop sale will last. Apparently 3 trucks have been affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
46 Posts

Looks like they are going to send out a little something for waiting. Today is 8 weeks from the start of the stop sale and all I really want is the truck. I wonder if this is about the halfway point and we still have another 8 weeks to go or could it be longer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
46 Posts
My VIN shows the recall on NHTSA's website. Calling the Hummer concierge will not get you any new information. They told me they would update me weekly - they have not. I signed all the paperwork, paid for my Hummer, and arranged to pick it up the following Friday - the same day the stop sale order came out. I could not take it. I now own a vehicle title and am the legal owner but I guess that doesn't matter to them. 🤷‍♀️ Pretty easy to keep it out of rain/water where I live.

I did request a loaner vehicle this week. At first my dealership said no. As I was plotting my next step, they called back and said they would make it happen. I definitely prefer my Hummer though lol. I really wish I picked it up the day before.
I am in a somewhat similar situation, and felt like I was the only one. I also paid for the truck in full in advance but haven't been able to take delivery.

Does anyone know if the dealers get paid back from GM during a stop sale? I was under the impression that dealers get paid 1% of the invoice prorated on a monthly basis, but I don't know if that is for new or used or both. My dealers claims that they don't know about it but if they get anything back it wouldn't be until after 120 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts