GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
As some one with zero manufacturing experience, how does an issue like this occur? I know this vehicle was ambitious (both timeline and capabilities), but I also am led to believe they test everything, over-engineer and quality control the quality control. Does this happen because a late-in-the game change is made and people assume it's just as good as the original design? Or they knew the original design had risks but they thought they solved the issues based on earlier testing?
I know we are all purely speculating, but I'm still waiting for mine, so speculation is all I have.

· Registered
73 Posts
Looks like we finally have our (initial) timeframe for resolution. Concierge said these would still be 2022 MY (so none of the new features going in the newer truck).
View attachment 3753
I just received the same punt to Spring ‘23. Hopefully this means they have a plan, but I’m not holding my breathe. Repairing ~850 vehicles across the country is a logistical challenge I would imagine. I’ve heard first hand that many dealers are not well equipped to work on these yet. That will likely change over time, but it’s early days.
Good luck to all of you that already took delivery, hope the battery fix goes smooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts