GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
heard about a stop sale coming on some hummer ev orders because of water getting in the battery packs. If anyone is about to take delivery or has one in transit to the dealer it would seem that the wait just got longer.
My dealer called me this morning and told me about this. They said it was issued last night and they have no timeframe on how long the stop sale will last. Apparently 3 trucks have been affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer called me this morning and told me about this. They said it was issued last night and they have no timeframe on how long the stop sale will last. Apparently 3 trucks have been affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah from what I have seen they don't have a fix for the issue at the moment. Any new or used inventory that is affected is essentially grounded at the dealership. Hopefully the fix is just an update and not a battery replacement

·
Registered
4 Posts
heard about a stop sale coming on some hummer ev orders because of water getting in the battery packs. If anyone is about to take delivery or has one in transit to the dealer it would seem that the wait just got longer.
Jayedep went to pick my hummer up today and was told about the national stop sell order. No timeline for delivery

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe this is a separate issue. This one is not a voluntary recall. Maybe they are related but whatever is happening now with the 3 known cases has caused GM to issue the stop sale. One instance the vehicle lost power while driving which is a serious safety concern

·
Registered
36 Posts
Went to visit mine today at the dealer. What an awesome truck!!! It arrived 9/29 but we were on vacation so we were supposed to take delivery today. Unfortunately no time table for resolution per the dealer. I did note that the production date was 3/22. Crazy that it took 6 months to get finally completed. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Sky Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle

Automotive parking light Cloud Tire Sky Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Sky Tire

Cloud Land vehicle Sky Tire Car

·
Registered
439 Posts
So far it seems the stop is on trucks that were built earlier, like late 2021 - May 22. Mine was built in June 22 and has no recall... on FB someone even just took deliver of like 5 P something built in Nov 2021. Yalls really sat in lots for a while and they must have missed out on some production fixes/improvements.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So far it seems the stop is on trucks that were built earlier, like late 2021 - May 22. Mine was built in June 22 and has no recall... on FB someone even just took deliver of like 5 P something built in Nov 2021. Yalls really sat in lots for a while and they must have missed out on some production fixes/improvements.
My VIN is 1008, so I don't know about that.

No recall is showing on mine either. They just stopped all deliveries.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion with my dealer here in Southwest Florida suggests that only 11 vehicles were actually affected by the stop sale and they have two unaffected units they are set to deliver this week. Furthermore on the theories regarding Hurricane Ian they are aware of only one Hummer EV that was affected as a total loss as it was located on Sanibel Island outside of Fort Myers where the storm made its initial landfall.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As some one with zero manufacturing experience, how does an issue like this occur? I know this vehicle was ambitious (both timeline and capabilities), but I also am led to believe they test everything, over-engineer and quality control the quality control. Does this happen because a late-in-the game change is made and people assume it's just as good as the original design? Or they knew the original design had risks but they thought they solved the issues based on earlier testing?
I know we are all purely speculating, but I'm still waiting for mine, so speculation is all I have.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,102 Posts
As some one with zero manufacturing experience, how does an issue like this occur? I know this vehicle was ambitious (both timeline and capabilities), but I also am led to believe they test everything, over-engineer and quality control the quality control. Does this happen because a late-in-the game change is made and people assume it's just as good as the original design? Or they knew the original design had risks but they thought they solved the issues based on earlier testing?
I know we are all purely speculating, but I'm still waiting for mine, so speculation is all I have.
I have the unique experience of being able to see the line where the battery packs are made. The pack halves are all pressure tested to ensure they won't have any leaks when assembled. There was some concern about the sealing area between the two parts of the pack where laser welded panels overlap potentially leading to leaks down the line if the sealer wasn't done just right. Normally with sealing surfaces, you want a continuous piece of metal to seal against but these packs are so big they couldn't do it this way.

I have no insight into if this is what the actual problem is though, it's just my assumption after having seen the processes involved.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts