GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Taking delivery next week. Interested send message with offer price.
A no reserve auction is usually the way to get the best offer, as most people will not just throw their best price out in a public forum. If it were me, I would strongly consider Doug DeMuro's Cars and Bids, he draws more money on the really special cars typically, and a Hummer he would personally push..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A no reserve auction is usually the way to get the best offer, as most people will not just throw their best price out in a public forum. If it were me, I would strongly consider Doug DeMuro's Cars and Bids, he draws more money on the really special cars typically, and a Hummer he would personally push..
I like you Idea.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
It is up to them whether or not they will even host your auction, but it's probably worth trying. I was originally considering doing this immediately after delivery, but I decided I'd rather the truck go into an enthusiast's hands instead of a collector, so I'm going to drive it for a few months before deciding to sell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is up to them whether or not they will even host your auction, but it's probably worth trying. I was originally considering doing this immediately after delivery, but I decided I'd rather the truck go into an enthusiast's hands instead of a collector, so I'm going to drive it for a few months before deciding to sell.
I want to do the same. I love the truck, I do not want to give it up, but its little over the weight to pull for me ($).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received an email a few months back stating that my Hummer EV1 is slotted for spring delivery, but haven’t heard anything since. Spring starts in about a month….so not sure how that’s going to be possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I received an email a few months back stating that my Hummer EV1 is slotted for spring delivery, but haven’t heard anything since. Spring starts in about a month….so not sure how that’s going to be possible.
Same here, I called the concierge last week, just in case I missed an email or something. (I still wish they had a website for us to log in and see status) and I was told "any time" but also that spring goes until June, lol, which is exactly where my brain was anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was told the end of Feb but got an email today telling me it's left the factory, so now to see how long it takes to get to the dealer. I told them the minute the trailer pulls up I expect a call and gave strict instructions no 'testing' - they said they'd just have to drive it to the gas station to fill it up for me. I'm like, 'yeah, good one.' They're desperate to get their hands on one, they've only been allocated 2 this year and the other reservation isn't coming until Fall.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got a call to finish verification today for a spring delivery. The dealer mentioned that the two before me were verified in January and still not delivered; and that mine would probably be a couple months. After seeing prices on threads it will be hard not to sell it for the profits.

The fact that I have now scoured the internet and can find no evidence of one for sale or auction (not including the 2.5 million one for whoever is going to point that out) makes me think they are going to go for a lot over msrp.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
Got a call to finish verification today for a spring delivery. The dealer mentioned that the two before me were verified in January and still not delivered; and that mine would probably be a couple months. After seeing prices on threads it will be hard not to sell it for the profits.

The fact that I have now scoured the internet and can find no evidence of one for sale or auction (not including the 2.5 million one for whoever is going to point that out) makes me think they are going to go for a lot over msrp.
Could likely easily double your money, but the issue is you can't even buy a comparable product at all, and probably not for another year without a reservation today, so if you actually wanted an EV pickup, it's still not a good deal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Could likely easily double your money, but the issue is you can't even buy a comparable product at all, and probably not for another year without a reservation today, so if you actually wanted an EV pickup, it's still not a good deal.
I do want an electric pickup but don’t need one. My current Ram lease is ending and I was under the impression I would have a plethora of EV pickup options by the time it ended. Looks like that is still years off now.

If they had done the pass through rear seat that I thought they were going to I would be thinking differently, also have the suv reserved but without the third row that’s definitely out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
People reserving these just to flip are the worst, you may or may not find some rich choad to give you three times your money but why did you order it in the first place? Just to flip? LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’m fairly certain people reserving these back in 2020 did not do it just to be able to flip it. Back then no one knew much about them, when I reserved I just wanted the best one ASAP. No one thought the would be selling for 300k. They didn’t know the car market was going to go insane. I want my hummer and I wanted it bad, so bad I had three computers on the site two phones and an iPad ready and refreshing to get my reservation. Now with it selling for as much as it is I have a hard justifying having a car worth 300k to my wife, no matter what I paid for it.

I’m just confused, do you really think people were reserving back then because they had some amazing foresight to realize this would happen?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I’m fairly certain people reserving these back in 2020 did not do it just to be able to flip it. Back then no one knew much about them, when I reserved I just wanted the best one ASAP. No one thought the would be selling for 300k. They didn’t know the car market was going to go insane. I want my hummer and I wanted it bad, so bad I had three computers on the site two phones and an iPad ready and refreshing to get my reservation. Now with it selling for as much as it is I have a hard justifying having a car worth 300k to my wife, no matter what I paid for it.

I’m just confused, do you really think people were reserving back then because they had some amazing foresight to realize this would happen?
Yes, People who follow GM knew these new vehicles would have amazing value in the market in the beginning. Car brokers always reserve upcoming limited production models to flip... It's like ticket scalpers, but on a larger scale. Brokers were trying to reserve C8 Z06 slots with dealers back in 2018, before the C8 even hit the market. My dealer told me they had people begging to put down $1000's in deposits to take their spot.

I reserved the Hummer fully intending to drive it, however I do not care what I buy, it it rapidly appreciates in market value, I will sell, its only worth to me what it cost. Over 50% appreciation, and I will sell, and wait for the Silverado E to come in.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts