GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey @Don P welcome to the forum! As far as I know GM hasn't announced anything like that but hopefully they do develop something for their vehicles. I believe Rivian has one for their EVs and I think Ford filed a patent for their own "pet mode".

·
Registered
04' HUMMER H2
215 Posts
@Don P that's among many other software related stuff many of us are hoping they will add.
You can find some others here:

Along with Dog Mode/Pet Mode, another I really want is Sentry Mode

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Does anyone know if they're planning on releasing a dog mode similar to Tesla to keep pups cool on hot days?
Yes, on the 2024 and beyond GM vehicles all these modes will be possible, not on the current models to the best of my knowledge. All EV's can configure the climate control when you are not in the vehicle, but not a dog mode specifically.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
818 Posts
You can leave the Bolt running for up to two hours after getting out and locking it. The Mach E has a programmable timer that defaults to 30 minutes, but can be extended to a longer time. Also, remote starting from the phone can be used to turn it on for up to 40 minutes.

Tesla and Rivian need this special mode because they automatically turn off when you get out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You can leave the Bolt running for up to two hours after getting out and locking it. The Mach E has a programmable timer that defaults to 30 minutes, but can be extended to a longer time. Also, remote starting from the phone can be used to turn it on for up to 40 minutes.

Tesla and Rivian need this special mode because they automatically turn off when you get out.
Well I also think the Tesla/Rivian thing people like is that the screen says really large - pet mode or dog mode on with the temperature, etc. So it may help calm a passer by or police if called.

For me personally, wouldn't trust Tesla for example with my pet left in it. I don't trust that car to do much that is software based as its so buggy at times - I could see it turning off but showing on and killing a pet one day.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Well I also think the Tesla/Rivian thing people like is that the screen says really large - pet mode or dog mode on with the temperature, etc. So it may help calm a passer by or police if called.

For me personally, wouldn't trust Tesla for example with my pet left in it. I don't trust that car to do much that is software based as its so buggy at times - I could see it turning off but showing on and killing a pet one day.
We use dog mode every time we stop in the summer, to keep the car cool, don't have a dog. It has always worked for us.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
818 Posts
We use dog mode every time we stop in the summer, to keep the car cool, don't have a dog. It has always worked for us.
I assume the Hummer works like the Bolt, maybe you can try it. Leave it on, get out and lock it with the fob button. On the Bolt it ignores the lock button on the door handle if it is left on. Keeps the car cool while shopping. The screens do stay on and the fan also runs, making it obvious the car is on.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I assume the Hummer works like the Bolt, maybe you can try it. Leave it on, get out and lock it with the fob button. On the Bolt it ignores the lock button on the door handle if it is left on. Keeps the car cool while shopping. The screens do stay on and the fan also runs, making it obvious the car is on.
I was thinking could do that, or an auto start after leaving?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would definitely like this, I have left the car on with my dog in it, but kept checking to make sure it was still cooling. It worked but I would like something on the app to tell me that all is well and I haven’t cooked my dog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts