GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Demand for the Hummer EV is so high right there is a ratio of approximately 98 orders for every 1 delivery that's made.

As a result more and more Hummers are selling for over $100,000.

Some Hummer EVs have been resold for almost three times their list price amid a massive imbalance between supply and demand for the electric pickup trucks.

At a Houston, Texas car collectors' auction on Saturday, a nearly new Hummer EV sold for $225,000, twice the vehicle's listing price of $112,595.

The vehicle, which was the fifth one off the production line, was almost unused with just 80 miles on the clock, with its vastly inflated price reflecting the huge scarcity of the offroaders.

Just 783 electric Hummers have been delivered so far, Fox News reports. The waiting list for the cars stood at around 77,000 in July, per an Insider report at the time, meaning a ratio of roughly 98 orders for every electric Hummer delivered.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Not just auctions…people on here and the FB groups know that’s the going rate as well so those are some of the latest asking prices
It hurts my brain and wallet seeing some of those listings on FB and on other sites. I can't imagine being that impatient where you'd spends tens of thousands extra over what the price should be.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I’m talking about as a seller. People seeing them bringing $60k over sticker not realizing that’s only a couple thousand profit for their trouble after buyers premium, sellers commission, taxes, fees, etc. Once they get down to $130-140k people will start losing money depending on how they sell them. That’s probably when people will start passing on reservations.

·
Registered
2019 Camaro ZLE
17 Posts
Again... hammer price pretty much sets the tone for private sales. These trucks go for ~120k after tax, title and registration. A smooth 170k sale is a nice profit for the inconvenience of taking delivery

·
Registered
248 Posts
Time will tell I guess. As far are the 100 to 1 situation, it doesn't help that things are getting stacked against those odds improving any time soon with the stop sale and recall, the plant pause next month, the slower than expected staffing up of the battery plant, logistics, etc. I know they're making progress but I would expect timelines for anything but first editions of all their future EVs to be very "fluid". My expectations are beginning to drift from Summer '23 for my early 3X to more like fall or winter...and part of me is actually wondering if my Edition1 Sierra Denali order from 5:03pm will end up getting built before my Hummer does, assuming they prioritize those builds to run concurrently like they did with some Lyriqs.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Time will tell I guess. As far are the 100 to 1 situation, it doesn't help that things are getting stacked against those odds improving any time soon with the stop sale and recall, the plant pause next month, the slower than expected staffing up of the battery plant, logistics, etc. I know they're making progress but I would expect timelines for anything but first editions of all their future EVs to be very "fluid". My expectations are beginning to drift from Summer '23 for my early 3X to more like fall or winter...and part of me is actually wondering if my Edition1 Sierra Denali order from 5:03pm will end up getting built before my Hummer does, assuming they prioritize those builds to run concurrently like they did with some Lyriqs.
When did you get your "early 3X reservation" in? Mine was 10/23/20, and just wondering right now... We are about to start construction on a new house and I would be really happy to wait until I am done with that project and convert the construction loan to permanent loan before my # gets called...

·
Registered
248 Posts
When did you get your "early 3X reservation" in? Mine was 10/23/20, and just wondering right now... We are about to start construction on a new house and I would be really happy to wait until I am done with that project and convert the construction loan to permanent loan before my # gets called...
10/20/20 probably 30 minutes to an hour after Ed1's sold out.

·
Registered
436 Posts
10/20/20 probably 30 minutes to an hour after Ed1's sold out.
Nice I guess... Other than missing out on the Edition 1.... I wonder how many people missed out on that 1st night? I did not even know about it until I saw a news feed about how quickly it sold out... It was love at 1st sight for me and with the specs and all... I placed my $100 down right away as soon as I knew about it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts