GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Hummer EV charger pictures

4K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Nebula1701 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, does anyone have good pictures of all sides and back of the chargers being sent out? Trying to plan electrical but don’t have one on hand yet to see what I am up against. Also how long have people been waiting between reservation verification and delivery of the charger? Thank you!

#9 ·
Above posters are correct that it is a 48A unit as the truck will only take up to that. I think it was short sighted for GM to put such a small charger in a vehicle with this size battery, but after taking a road trip and maybe getting 40-45% charge overnight at hotels with only 32A chargers, I guess there is some sense to it.

Just sucks to get home at 3pm on Sunday and plug in to see this:
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Bumper

#15 ·
@Nebula1701 you laugh at my comment, but why not fix it now? Tesla would... They are only building little batches of HummerEV's making a hardware change should be easy at this stage. How about a heat pump for HVAC too?
Totally agree and assume they decided hey Tesla dropped from 80 to 60, should be fine for us (without keeping in mind the battery is 2x the size). ER Lighting ships with an 80amp charger (but of course can only do 150kw CCS charging so good at home and bad on road trips):
Only F-150 Lightning equipped with the extended range battery pack can take advantage of the Charge Station Pro's full 80 amps. That's because the Extended Range battery option comes with dual 40-amp onboard chargers for a total output of 80 amps (19.2 kW) and can add on average about 32 miles of range for every hour of charging.

#16 ·
Totally agree and assume they decided hey Tesla dropped from 80 to 60, should be fine for us (without keeping in mind the battery is 2x the size). ER Lighting ships with an 80amp charger (but of course can only do 150kw CCS charging so good at home and bad on road trips):
Only F-150 Lightning equipped with the extended range battery pack can take advantage of the Charge Station Pro's full 80 amps. That's because the Extended Range battery option comes with dual 40-amp onboard chargers for a total output of 80 amps (19.2 kW) and can add on average about 32 miles of range for every hour of charging.
Thats the crazy point of my comment Lyriq has 100 kWh battery and 19.2 kW charging, Hummer has 200 kWh battery and 11.5 kW charging, whoever put this plan together was drunk. Nobody would have complained about lyriq with 11.5, thats class competitive, but the Hummer with 11.5 is a serious handicap.

#20 ·
Nice charger overall, basic, and fine since can schedule/use the truck etc. Wished it was a little more wireless and controllable, i.e. had some cost/usage reporting in an app, even looked a little better. Will miss my Tesla wall charger as looks nice, cool lights, but this will fit the bill just fine.

Does the Hummer come with any kind of mobile charger at all?

#21 ·
Nice charger overall, basic, and fine since can schedule/use the truck etc. Wished it was a little more wireless and controllable, i.e. had some cost/usage reporting in an app, even looked a little better. Will miss my Tesla wall charger as looks nice, cool lights, but this will fit the bill just fine.
Only nerds care about that app stuff, most people after the first week just want to charge their car and go...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.