GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Hummer EV charger pictures

4K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Nebula1701 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, does anyone have good pictures of all sides and back of the chargers being sent out? Trying to plan electrical but don’t have one on hand yet to see what I am up against. Also how long have people been waiting between reservation verification and delivery of the charger? Thank you!

#6 ·
I’m on my second EV, and the Hummer will be my third. My Mitsubishi iMiev only used a 16 amp charger, and I upgraded to a 32 amp charger for my Chevy Bolt EV. So now , if the 3X doesn’t get a free charger, I’ll have to buy this bigger one for it. I guess it never hurts to plan ahead 👍

#7 ·
I’m on my second EV, and the Hummer will be my third. My Mitsubishi iMiev only used a 16 amp charger, and I upgraded to a 32 amp charger for my Chevy Bolt EV. So now , if the 3X doesn’t get a free charger, I’ll have to buy this bigger one for it. I guess it never hurts to plan ahead 👍
That’s what I feel like too!

#9 ·
Above posters are correct that it is a 48A unit as the truck will only take up to that. I think it was short sighted for GM to put such a small charger in a vehicle with this size battery, but after taking a road trip and maybe getting 40-45% charge overnight at hotels with only 32A chargers, I guess there is some sense to it.

Just sucks to get home at 3pm on Sunday and plug in to see this:
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Bumper

#20 ·
Nice charger overall, basic, and fine since can schedule/use the truck etc. Wished it was a little more wireless and controllable, i.e. had some cost/usage reporting in an app, even looked a little better. Will miss my Tesla wall charger as looks nice, cool lights, but this will fit the bill just fine.

Does the Hummer come with any kind of mobile charger at all?

#21 ·
Nice charger overall, basic, and fine since can schedule/use the truck etc. Wished it was a little more wireless and controllable, i.e. had some cost/usage reporting in an app, even looked a little better. Will miss my Tesla wall charger as looks nice, cool lights, but this will fit the bill just fine.
Only nerds care about that app stuff, most people after the first week just want to charge their car and go...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.