GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Hummer EV charger pictures

4K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Nebula1701 
Above posters are correct that it is a 48A unit as the truck will only take up to that. I think it was short sighted for GM to put such a small charger in a vehicle with this size battery, but after taking a road trip and maybe getting 40-45% charge overnight at hotels with only 32A chargers, I guess there is some sense to it.

Just sucks to get home at 3pm on Sunday and plug in to see this:
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Bumper

That is what I heard too, but why build 1 more truck without the larger charger? That should be an easy change, just fit the Lyriq charger in and.... This is why GM will ultimately fail, they are too slow to change, and stick customers with an inferior experience, when they have the ability to fix it.
Rivian has a lot of stuff they axed from the original R1 vehicles that they had planned. I think that is a big reason they had a lot of cancellations when they announced the price increase. They are barely competitive on the charging stack and energy capacity stack. A lot of people, myself included, have had to make assumptions about them because they haven't been in one in person. I bought my Hummer without being near one more than passing it going in the other direction on the road, I am sure my experience there is a lot greater than the average purchaser thanks to passing @Aloppen while driving my Polestar 2 to work a couple times a week. (PS, @Aloppen @aloppen1, if you haven't been in an R1T yet, I am getting mine tomorrow, feel free to reach out)

Nice charger overall, basic, and fine since can schedule/use the truck etc. Wished it was a little more wireless and controllable, i.e. had some cost/usage reporting in an app, even looked a little better. Will miss my Tesla wall charger as looks nice, cool lights, but this will fit the bill just fine.

Does the Hummer come with any kind of mobile charger at all?
Ultium branded portable. 32A 240V and a 120V adapter. 120V is basically useless for the hummer. Literally longer than a week for a full charge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.