GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention that the Detroit Rep said they are “beating the hell” out of the testers (recently seen in Moab, etc) and the test mules are doing great and actually performing better than expected!

In addition, he said expect the range to be better than anticipated than what was previously stated by GM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow if the range is even better than what they’ve said that will be incredible. CTSV...just before your post I had asked rparker about thoughts on the size of the SUV in relation to a Tahoe, Yukon, etc. I have seen the truck at Barrett Jackson and it is HUGE. I know the SUV width is the same but the dimensions make me hesitant to switch. It’s the same length as my wife’s Explorer and shorter than a Tahoe. I’m worried about it looking small compared to the truck, and also that I won’t be able to fit much in the back with the seats up. What are your impressions of the SUV size?

·
Registered
57 Posts
…the interiors of both are extremely nice. The center of the seats are leather, but most of the other parts seem to be a vinyl…
Thank you so much for posting. Two points about the seats:

1. I watched or read somewhere that the seats are free of animal products.

2. I worked in R&D for Special Operations as my last job before retiring. The prototypes and parts are typically made in different factories and made of different materials than the production units. The seats you saw were a representation only. Who knows what they were made of. Just like when you said you couldn’t touch anything because it might fall off.

Time will tell what they actually look/feel like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow if the range is even better than what they’ve said that will be incredible. CTSV...just before your post I had asked rparker about thoughts on the size of the SUV in relation to a Tahoe, Yukon, etc. I have seen the truck at Barrett Jackson and it is HUGE. I know the SUV width is the same but the dimensions make me hesitant to switch. It’s the same length as my wife’s Explorer and shorter than a Tahoe. I’m worried about it looking small compared to the truck, and also that I won’t be able to fit much in the back with the seats up. What are your impressions of the SUV size?
Prior to today, when I’ve only seen pictures online of the SUV... I had the same worries as you mentioned. I felt it looked kind of “stubby” in pictures.
Well, I certainly don’t feel that way now after seeing the SUV in person. In real life it looks as imposing as the SUT, just not as long. I was actually impressed with the rear storage behind the second row. There is plenty of room to store things. You wouldn’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
10 Posts

2. I worked in R&D for Special Operations as my last job before retiring. The prototypes and parts are typically made in different factories and made of different materials than the production units. The seats you saw were a representation only. Who knows what they were made of. Just like when you said you couldn’t touch anything because it might fall off.

Well whatever they used it did feel good, they did let us touch the interior seats.(y)

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts

I think GM is using leather in the Hummer?

Yes, you are right about show trucks, these are built with lots of non certifiable parts, and really just a visual representation of the vehicle. These are pretty much hand built right down to interior parts, and body panels, and chassis. These trucks cost GM $ millions to build.

·
Registered
563 Posts

you are right, pleather in the Hummer...

2022-gmc-hummer-ev-pickup-first-look-review

·
Registered
57 Posts
you are right, pleather in the Hummer...

2022-gmc-hummer-ev-pickup-first-look-review
I am fine with pleather. I have a cousin that owns a car customizing shop in Dallas. He steers people toward pleather over leather due to durability. He even has it in his show truck. Pleather ain’t what it used to be. I am sure GMC’s version will be high quality.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am fine with pleather. I have a cousin that owns a car customizing shop in Dallas. He steers people toward pleather over leather due to durability. He even has it in his show truck. Pleather ain’t what it used to be. I am sure GMC’s version will be high quality.
Rivian calls theirs "vegan leather", what a joke.

·
Registered
563 Posts
That SUT is the same one I saw at Barret Jackson back in March.
There is only one Hummer SUT show truck, its the same one that we saw in the reveal videos. Interestingly that baby has covered a lot of ground, its been in LA twice already, Detroit FL, TX. High mileage... haha! In a trailer...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ya, I am ok with pleather, my Tesla has cheap pleather, that I am sure is durable, but the leather in the E-Tron sure does feel like higher quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve had all kinds of interiors and honestly in a Jeep Rubicon I had the cloth that was extremely durable, didn’t get ruined if wet, and still heated up great with the heated seats. One my favorite interiors I’ve had was on a 2016 F150 sport. It wasnt leather and it wasn’t quite cloth, it was almost like a marine grade woven material that was extremely durable and looked new even after 3 years of ownership before I traded it on a new Sierra Denali. After 3 years of owning that the leather looked worn. I hope GM offers several options of seat materials to choose from I think I would avoid leather if possible. I like what they’ve shown in some of the videos and it looks nice and durable.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I got to go to the Hummer EV Exclusive Event today and even though I didn’t get to meet Lebron James in person I was very impressed of seeing the Hummer EV SUT and SUV in person. The width of this vehicle is massive. I’m not sure if this vehicle will even fit in my garage. It does look like the side mirrors will be automatic open and close though.

When they said this event was Exclusive they mean Exclusive, meaning that this is the only event they will have and that these are the only 2 vehicles that are made at this time. After this event the 2 vehicles will travel to California for some photos and then back to Detroit.

The two guys that showed us the EV’s were very nice. However, they did not have any more knowledge about the EV than what was in the Hummer EV videos. Such as knowledge of bi directional charging and the Extreme off-road package for the SUV. They did say that there will be at least 120v outlet in the back of the SUV but wasn’t sure 240v outlet.

It will only let me post 10 photos

View attachment 910 View attachment 913 View attachment 914
View attachment 911 View attachment 915 View attachment 919

View attachment 912 View attachment 916 View attachment 918
These photos are awesome @Rparker007! I didn't fully realize how personal it'd be. Were you the only ones in to see the Hummers for the appointment?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention that the Detroit Rep said they are “beating the hell” out of the testers (recently seen in Moab, etc) and the test mules are doing great and actually performing better than expected!

In addition, he said expect the range to be better than anticipated than what was previously stated by GM.
Now that's what I like to hear! From some of the photos I've seen that does seem to hold up.

·
Registered
563 Posts

GM typically understates the range, however at 9000# scared me, but one important factor we do not know for sure is battery size, is it 200kWh gross 190kWh net? or is it 220 kWh gross and 210 kWh net? GM officially said more than 200 kWh, so that leaves it open a bit. Also we do not know if GM will leave the bottom buffer available, meaning range below 0 miles indicated, like Tesla does, or will it be like Audi, you hit 0 and the car stops.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts