GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Please ask about bi-directional charging similar to F-150 EV, and built-in dash cam recording from all the cameras similar to Tesla's. Thanks
Good point. I’m not familiar with Tesla’ capabilities but I will ask. I know I saw a video somewhere on YouTube that the Hummer EV will be able to charge other EV vehicles that are stranded to help them get to the nearest charging station.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Good point. I’m not familiar with Tesla’ capabilities but I will ask. I know I saw a video somewhere on YouTube that the Hummer EV will be able to charge other EV vehicles that are stranded to help them get to the nearest charging station.
The Bi directional capability will be coming on the 2023 Hummer SUV, and not on the 2022 SUT as I understand. Something like Tesla Sentry mode will be available as an over the air upgrade, but it has not been confirmed if it will be ready at initial Hummer release later this year, Gm is working on dozens of apps we can download later, some will have cost and some not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did anyone in the Dfw area get an email for this Exclusive event?

Rick,
Can't wait for your GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1? Join us for an exclusive, private event to get up close to the pickup and SUV concept models.* This event is available exclusively to you and a guest. Space is limited. REGISTER NOW.
WHAT
Exclusive tour of GMC HUMMER EV concept models — get behind the wheel, open the front trunk, take a picture with these revolutionary EVs and more.​
WHEN
Friday, June 4, 2021
Appointments available between
9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.​
WHERE
Southwest ADI
6650 Wuliger Way
North Richland Hills, TX 76180​
I just joined this Forum. I live in Dallas. I also received the email from GMC and my appointment to see the Hummer EV is tomorrow at 2:30. Super excited to see this beast in person.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I just joined this Forum. I live in Dallas. I also received the email from GMC and my appointment to see the Hummer EV is tomorrow at 2:30. Super excited to see this beast in person.
Welcome to the forum, excited to hear back after your appointment tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Glad to have you on the forum @CTSV! If you can take as many photos as possible. Do they tell you how long the appointment is for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Enjoy your time with the Hummer, and let us know how cool it is? BTW, I just caught your handle, do you have a CTS-V? I bought an 09 new, just the 550 HP model, but it was a fun car for a few years.
Yes, have a 2017 CTSV. The 6.2 supercharged V8... 640 HP. Love it! It’s weird that a 9,000lb Hummer will be faster than my CTSV. Ha ha.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes, have a 2017 CTSV. The 6.2 supercharged V8... 640 HP. Love it! It’s weird that a 9,000lb Hummer will be faster than my CTSV. Ha ha.
Amazing car... I love the look of that CTS-V. Crazy the Hummer will be faster, but almost double the HP in WTF mode. GM has been saying 1000 hp for the Hummer EV, but that is a lie, to accelerate 9046# (plus driver) to 60 in 3 seconds requires 850 kW or + or - 1140 hp. I guess that is what the GM engineers meant when they said WTF mode turns the Hummer up to "11"... haha!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think that is why GMC has been covering their butt since the beginning by saying “approximately” three seconds.
I think GM is going to hit the 3 second goal, likely using 1' rollout. I have heard GM folks reiterate the "3 secs to 60" recently without any disclaimer. Watching GMC's instagram videos of WTF mode, it does not seem to come off the line like a lightning bolt the way Tesla's do, but it pulls very hard as it gains speed. It looks to me from 5 mph it is traction limited most of the way to 60, and they are almost standing it on the back wheels to get enough weight transferred for traction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I got to go to the Hummer EV Exclusive Event today and even though I didn’t get to meet Lebron James in person I was very impressed of seeing the Hummer EV SUT and SUV in person. The width of this vehicle is massive. I’m not sure if this vehicle will even fit in my garage. It does look like the side mirrors will be automatic open and close though.

When they said this event was Exclusive they mean Exclusive, meaning that this is the only event they will have and that these are the only 2 vehicles that are made at this time. After this event the 2 vehicles will travel to California for some photos and then back to Detroit.

The two guys that showed us the EV’s were very nice. However, they did not have any more knowledge about the EV than what was in the Hummer EV videos. Such as knowledge of bi directional charging and the Extreme off-road package for the SUV. They did say that there will be at least 120v outlet in the back of the SUV but wasn’t sure 240v outlet.

It will only let me post 10 photos

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
I believe that’s under the running board. I saw it in a video and I think it means the truck is right side up.
Thanks for posting. I can’t figure out what the sixth picture is… the close up. ???
I got to go to the Hummer EV Exclusive Event today and even though I didn’t get to meet Lebron James in person I was very impressed of seeing the Hummer EV SUT and SUV in person. The width of this vehicle is massive. I’m not sure if this vehicle will even fit in my garage. It does look like the side mirrors will be automatic open and close though.

When they said this event was Exclusive they mean Exclusive, meaning that this is the only event they will have and that these are the only 2 vehicles that are made at this time. After this event the 2 vehicles will travel to California for some photos and then back to Detroit.

The two guys that showed us the EV’s were very nice. However, they did not have any more knowledge about the EV than what was in the Hummer EV videos. Such as knowledge of bi directional charging and the Extreme off-road package for the SUV. They did say that there will be at least 120v outlet in the back of the SUV but wasn’t sure 240v outlet.

It will only let me post 10 photos

View attachment 910 View attachment 913 View attachment 914
View attachment 911 View attachment 915 View attachment 919

View attachment 912 View attachment 916 View attachment 918
Awesome, did you sit in it, how did the seating position feel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I saw the truck in person at Jackson Barrett and that is what I have ordered. However, I’m considering the SUV because it has a better chance of fitting in the garage. After reading some size comparisons it seems the cargo and length on the suv are smaller than a Tahoe. The length is the same as my wife’s Explorer. I know width-wise it is bigger, but looking at the SUV as a whole does it seem like the rear cargo space is smaller than other SUVs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also went this afternoon and agree with what was said by Rparker007. It was really great to see both in person, and the width was imposing. To put the width in perspective, the Texas Hummer Rep said they are 12” wider than the GMC Yukon and Sierra pickup. I was a little disappointed that we couldn’t sit in them. As soon as we walked in, they mentioned that these were the very first demonstration units and they are loosely put together. The gentleman said if we even touch the turn light indicator it would probably fall off. They wouldn’t allow us to open the doors ourselves for the same reason. I will mention a couple of other points based upon my memory. Both the Texas rep and the Product engineer from Detroit were very nice and I pegged them with several questions... some of which they answered but with qualifiers that anything can change between now and final production. So the things I mention below take with a grain of salt.

• sounds like only one electrical plug in the back of the truck and SUV. I asked about plugs for the “Frunk” and it didn’t sound like that was in the plans as of yet.
  • level 1 charging provides about 7-8 mile range per 1 hour charge, level 2 charging about 20-25 mile range per 1 hour, DC charging 100 miles in 10 minutes. (They did say this isn’t final)
  • I asked about thermal properties for the glass roof panels (it would get hot in Texas in the summer with regular glass) and they didn’t know the answer on that.
  • the vertical bar between the front glass panels is removal and storable in the trunk of the SUV and beneath the back seat in the SUT.
  • the interiors of both are extremely nice. The center of the seats are leather, but most of the other parts seem to be a vinyl.
  • the matte green on the SUV looks amazing.
  • I questioned the Texas rep several times about the towing rating on the SUT. He wouldn’t give me an answer, but he kept mentioning that if the Hummer has a has a GVWR of 16,000 lbs, and its weight is 9,000 pounds, that the towing would be 7,000 lbs.

The most exciting thing to me was what the rep from Detroit mentioned to me when I asked if these will actually be produced this fall. He basically said the 1st Editions will start production in September, and will be delivered to dealerships in October. He also said that those with a first edition reservation will likely get an email in the next month asking if they want to proceed with the order. If people back out, then those on the first edition wait list will be contacted. I also asked him how many first edition SUTs there would be, and he didn’t really say for sure, but said he had heard only 1750-3500 first editions SUTs.

Anyway, it was really fun to be able to see these vehicles in person. My 8 year old tagged along and got a free hat! Exited to see these on the road this fall!!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts