GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
141 Posts
There is probably a module that isn't going to sleep when it's told to and is keeping the bus awake, leading to it draining the 12V battery because the HV battery still gets disconnected and the truck won't charge the 12V while it's disconnected. Diagnosing that sort of an issue would be a pain in the ass without very specialized tools.
They need a bus analyzer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My truck is in the shop right now for similar issue. High-voltage lithium battery warnings. Truck made it home but apparently the fans to cool the batteries weren’t turning on. That’s what they’ve told me so far. Waiting on an engineer to show up
What did they end up finding out? I got the service lithium ion battery message and the truck has been there for a week now with no resolution or information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yikes! Glad it disnt cause you to crash! Based on some of the problems we are seeing here with so few Hummers on the road I definitely wouldn’t want to be one of the people buying a Hummer from a flipper and losing my warranty
Just a heads up on the misleading flipper no warranty situation. That isn't legal you would have to sign an agreement at time of purchase that would give permission for this. Only the 2023 hummer evs will be like this and that is if you as a buyer sign the agreement. Most won't or shouldn't..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just a heads up on the misleading flipper no warranty situation. That isn't legal you would have to sign an agreement at time of purchase that would give permission for this. Only the 2023 hummer evs will be like this and that is if you as a buyer sign the agreement. Most won't or shouldn't..
There is a whole other thread on this. As much as people want to scream “that’s not legal” they can void warranties just like they do when someone modifies their vehicle. They have reduced the restricted selling period down to 6 months though

21 - 26 of 26 Posts