GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Got a call from the dealer today that my Hummer has arrived, but that upon inspection it is flashing a warning about a battery fault. A GM Hummer engineer came out and recommended replacing it. Replacement battery is en route, and the GM Hummer engineer will do the replacement. I should have it end of next week. They also offered to give me a replacement vehicle by creating a new reservation and "bumping it to the front of the line", but they would not give me a hard date.

So my question to you all is....should I take this one after they replace the battery? Or should I wait for one with no issue from the factory, without knowing when I'll get it?
Also, would this affect the resale value of an EV? I'd think that it would on an ICE vehicle, but unfamiliar with the EV market dynamics.

Thank you all for your insight!

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
771 Posts
New Battery still under the same warranty, and you haven't taken delivery yet. I'd take the new battery.
These Batteries the Edition Ones have are essentially hand built right now and GM is doing right to get it fixed ASAP.

I wouldn't wait for a new reservation; there is an unknown delay in that.
The dealership was just being polite to get you a car with no issues off the line but there is to much unknowns for that.

(GM will likely take this bad battery, find what module was causing the issues replace it/refurbish it and get it in line for another replacement.)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Hi All,

Got a call from the dealer today that my Hummer has arrived, but that upon inspection it is flashing a warning about a battery fault. A GM Hummer engineer came out and recommended replacing it. Replacement battery is en route, and the GM Hummer engineer will do the replacement. I should have it end of next week. They also offered to give me a replacement vehicle by creating a new reservation and "bumping it to the front of the line", but they would not give me a hard date.

So my question to you all is....should I take this one after they replace the battery? Or should I wait for one with no issue from the factory, without knowing when I'll get it?
Also, would this affect the resale value of an EV? I'd think that it would on an ICE vehicle, but unfamiliar with the EV market dynamics.

Thank you all for your insight!
No big deal, swap the battery, and be happy they tested it well before delivering it to you.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Are they swapping the entire battery or just one of the 24 modules?
I would not want that, on a brand new rig, just have than swap the pack, they can take the other pack back and fix it and put it in a prototype vehicle. They will need lots of pack's for SilveradoE, and Sierra EV prototypes

I think of opening the pack like opening the engine on a new car, no. Change the whole pack or engine, no repairs on a brand new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts