GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
532 Posts
Roof racks confirmed! Good news, most people predicted this would be the case back in the week leading up to the reveal! Great news.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This has some cool information in the second photo - I should have looked at this more thoroughly a lot earlier! Zoom in and you can see the bimini (folding) top, the wheel choices, a light bar at the top of the windshield, the aforementioned roof rack, a mention of a red accent package, what looks like some kind of storage box for the bed, and various other sundries typically found in the aftermarket.

I am sure someone will make winches, tents and the like for it as well. Now I am just curious what they can do for an electric off road vehicle in particular. Maybe add the onboard air compressor that other electric trucks seem to have and the Hummer doesn't. They have the system to help deflate the tires, not they need something to inflate them. Of course, solar roof panels which could somehow easily plug into the vehicle charge - if even just to add a few miles of range - would be helpful.

Maybe an electric "jerry can" to put some juice in it - Rivian was cooking something up for that: Rivian Files Patent For Detachable Battery Pack
There is a startup that ironically will try and use a gas powered engine to generate electricity to charge the vehicle as well:

Just like Jeep, and soon Bronco for Ford, GMC and their dealers have the capability to make some good money on accessories for the Hummer EV. They might not be able to sell oil changes to customers, but at least they can sell these types of things! And hats, T-shirts, coolers...

·
Super Moderator
532 Posts
That second image is hard to read but I can see:
  • Cross Rails/Roof Rack
  • Bimini Top
  • Red Accent Package
  • Assist Steps
  • Accessory Lamps - Perimeter Illumination
  • Splash Guards
Man, good eye, @JimsH3. I like that roof rack option, plus the bimimi top!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts