GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the lighting package with my truck and when they installed it, my guess is they did not run the wires correctly behind it causing my side view mirror to not full function. I would like to take the glass off an play with the wires myself. This will be easier for me than taking it and having the dealer do it. Can anyone give me any suggestions on getting the glass off?

Do they just pop off like most others?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does the glass not go outward enough? If so just electronically move the mirror all the way out then push the outside of the mirror with your hand to get further travel. Yes it will make some popping noises, no it will not break.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
268 Posts
I got the lighting package with my truck and when they installed it, my guess is they did not run the wires correctly behind it causing my side view mirror to not full function. I would like to take the glass off an play with the wires myself. This will be easier for me than taking it and having the dealer do it. Can anyone give me any suggestions on getting the glass off?

Do they just pop off like most others?
All I can say from changing the mirror housing on my current truck is be careful - mirror glass seems very flexible until it shatters. You might check whether Silverado forums have any insight (not that it's necessarily the same on the Hummer, of course).

·
Registered
30 Posts
thank you i got it out. There was a wire behind it that was getting in the way of the mirror moving properly. I did not want to drop my truck off for this issue. I was able to tuck the wire inside myself and put the mirror back on without issue.
I had this exact issue. I totally wasn't brave enough to do what you did, though. However, I would do it now that I know how they go together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts