GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some common questions about charging the the HUMMER EV have been answered here:

ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING:

HOW CAN I FIND CHARGING STATIONS IN MY LOCAL AREA?
The availability of public charging has increased substantially over the past few years. GMC HUMMER EV works with the available myGMC Mobile App with Energy Assist features (active service plan required) allows you the access to the following functionality:
  • Check Range in a Glance
  • Find Real-Time Charging Station Availability
  • Click to Charge. This is not payment, it is the ability to start a charging session with a “click” from within Energy Assist.
  • Plan Your Route
  • Wireless projection via Apple or Android Devices.
WHERE CAN I CHARGE AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE?
For the average commuter, the vast majority of charging happens at home (overnight, similar to your smartphones). For the times when you need to charge outside of the home, there are currently about 70,000 public charging outlets in the US and this number is growing every day.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CHARGE AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE IN GENERAL?
Charging times will vary depending on charging type and vehicle specs. There are three levels of charging:
  • AC Level 1 charging can deliver 2 to 4 miles of range per hour (at home use)
  • AC Level 2 charging can deliver 7 to 40 miles of range per hour (at home use / at work)
    • Range per hour varies depending upon the type of charger used (3kW to 19kW)
  • DC fast charging can deliver 60-100 miles of range in 10 minutes (public use)
    • Range per hour varies depending upon the type of charger used (24kW to 350kW)
WHAT TYPE OF CHARGING CORD COMES STANDARD WITH THE VEHICLE?
It will offer a dual cord set that is capable of charging either Level 1 (120v) or Level 2 (240v).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts