GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to active EV-GO/GM Autocharge+, but cannot find specific instructions, and after an hour going through GM's awful and clumsy myGMC app I am officially frustrated, Searched online and no tutorial or instructions I can find on how to activate this function on any GMC page or EV-GO. This is an important function, GM should be flooding the airwaves with specific directions on how to activate. This is another way GM is losing when it comes to EV's, they have the function, but very few can figure out how to activate it. A function like this that is important to EV users should be simple and intuitive, but it's not, unless you buy a Tesla, then its automatic.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terrible tutorial, and Hummer app is different... There is no "sandwich button" in the upper right corner, the "more" button is on the lower right, but no link for public charging setup.

This is something inexcusable that GM does not have a clear tutorial in the manual, and online, GM FAILING... I mean they go through he trouble to add the functionality, but don't tell customer how to use it? FAIL...

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,330 Posts
Terrible tutorial, and Hummer app is different... There is no "sandwich button" in the upper right corner, the "more" button is on the lower right, but no link for public charging setup.

This is something inexcusable that GM does not have a clear tutorial in the manual, and online, GM FAILING... I mean they go through he trouble to add the functionality, but don't tell customer how to use it? FAIL...
Odd cause the MyChevy App and the MyGMC App are laid out exactly the same, just different skin.

On the bottom of the app press the Energy Button, then at the top select sandwich menu, then select Public Charging Services from the pop up menu.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Odd cause the MyChevy App and the MyGMC App are laid out exactly the same, just different skin.

On the bottom of the app press the Energy Button, then at the top select sandwich menu, then select Public Charging Services from the pop up menu.
Got it now.... Thanks, Why doesn't GM have those simple instructions listed somewhere?

Should add to your simple instructions that you need to clear out GM's default menu of home or work map and other BS , before the sandwich menu shows up. Setting up charging should not be so buried in menus, and require instructions, when you by a Tesla, there is no setup at all, Your credit card used for deposit automatically defaults for in app purchases and charging. This is GM's competition and they need to make the user experience competitive. GM should set up your charging account behind the scenes with all major providers, and do it at delivery, so there is nothing for the customer to do but plug in.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,330 Posts
It's easier for Tesla cause they own the network and can link accounts instantly. However, with GM they have to work with all the different providers individually and add them to the program. Plug and Charge is a mess now with different implementations both following and not following the ISO 15118 standard (EVGO using AutoCharge DIN Spec 70121).

Now that companies are finally starting to go this direction it should get smoother as time goes on.

We lovingly call that button the "hamburger" in technology software land.
Yup, same here... I was just reusing what the video said for consistency. lol

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
718 Posts
You could be stuck in a rut like me. Autocharge works for my Bolt on EVGO chargers, but no Plug and Charge on EA.

My Mach E has Plug and Charge on EA, but no Autocharge on EVGO.

GM and EVGO need to both support ISO 15118, that is the latest industry standard.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not allowed to fly within 5 miles of an airport, without permission from the tower. I have my FAA certificate for flying drones, lots of regulations.
I got shut down flying my model airplanes one time by the US government, did not realize Obama was in town and that grounded all model airplanes, went back to my shop and about an hour or two later 2 massive booms rocked the shop, F15's being scrambled to get a Cessna Seaplane that came into the area, I guess he did not know Obama was in town either. It was an exciting day.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
718 Posts
I got shut down flying my model airplanes one time by the US government, did not realize Obama was in town and that grounded all model airplanes, went back to my shop and about an hour or two later 2 massive booms rocked the shop, F15's being scrambled to get a Cessna Seaplane that came into the area, I guess he did not know Obama was in town either. It was an exciting day.

I always get an email from the FAA when there is a no fly NOTAM for Phoenix. Have not had one in a while, Biden never visits AZ. I live right at 5 miles from Luke AFB, in fact my house is on the downwind leg of the runway. F-35s are over my house all day long. I have seen Air Force One (Bush) and Air Force Two (Pence) land at Luke.

I only fly my model planes at an AMA sanctioned field.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I always get an email from the FAA when there is a no fly NOTAM for Phoenix. Have not had one in a while, Biden never visits AZ. I live right at 5 miles from Luke AFB, in fact my house is on the downwind leg of the runway. F-35s are over my house all day long. I have seen Air Force One (Bush) and Air Force Two (Pence) land at Luke.

I only fly my model planes at an AMA sanctioned field.
That is cool to see F35's, like most military programs started out pretty lumpy, but turning into a good airplane. They had an F35 in Seattle this year flying in formation with a P-51, was really cool.

Do you ever hear Sonic Boom's (the sound of freedom) down there? 2010 was my first time hearing them since the 1970's when I was spending a summer with family in Anaconda, MT (godforsaken place, to never visit again) Over there sonic booms several times a week, which I later found out was the standard test route for SR-71's out of Beale AFB on training flights, they would refuel over ID, and then climb and accelerate over MT

·
Registered
112 Posts
Also FAA licensed drone pilot here, that's actually what I do for my business. if anyone's willing to fly me out (from Colorado), I'll get all the drone content your hearts can desire, LOL. Flying at/near airports is my specialty with coordinating with ATC.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts