1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder | 2020 Range Rover | 2019 BMW X5
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here…
I’ve got a deposit down on a First Edition Hummer SUV
Since the release of the SUV back in April, I’ve always wondered why the SUV got only 830hp vs the SUT having the 1000hp

Any info on this? I tried searching this forum but couldn't find anything on this topic
TIA

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My first post here…
I’ve got a deposit down on a First Edition Hummer SUV
Since the release of the SUV back in April, I’ve always wondered why the SUV got only 830hp vs the SUT having the 1000hp

Any info on this? I tried searching this forum but couldn't find anything on this topic
TIA
Smaller Battery pack therefore less available current for the motors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smaller Battery pack therefore less available current for the motors.
Interesting that the battery pack is smaller. Didn’t know that. You would think they’d be the same

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The SUV has a shorter wheelbase, less space for batteries. The SUT has 24 module pack, and the SUV has a 20 module pack
Great info
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Great info
Thanks for sharing!
No problem... one thing to consider, the SUV has the same torque as the SUT, so the grunt on throttle application will feel the same in both vehicles. It's really only on extended wide open throttle that you will notice a difference. So the Truck will be a better drag racer, but the SUV will be awfully similar in regal life daily driving, and off roading, both have way more power than is needed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem... one thing to consider, the SUV has the same torque as the SUT, so the grunt on throttle application will feel the same in both vehicles. It's really only on extended wide open throttle that you will notice a difference. So the Truck will be a better drag racer, but the SUV will be awfully similar in regal life daily driving, and off roading, both have way more power than is needed.
That is great information! Thanks again! So glad I signed up to this forum. It’s already been worthwhile!
And yes, I agree they both have way more power than needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts