GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Unless they find a magical portal where competed Hummer EVs come out I don’t think many 3X reservation holders (I’m talking 5k+) will see their trucks in 2023 either. Remember that during 2023 they’re also beginning production of the SUV and the Silverado EV. They can’t even make the SUTs fast enough and they’ve got new models coming online. Yeah, yeah, I know “factory upgrades are going to allow orders of magnitude increases in production”. Well, I’ve been hearing that on here for almost 6 months and they’ve managed to go from building an average of 3 trucks a day to 4.5 a day and they’re about to shut down for a month (a couple weeks starting at the end of November). Just so we’re clear on scale, to fulfill reservations in 2 years (on the Hummer EV alone, not including the 150k Silverado reservations or Sierra) they’d have to go from 4.5 a day to 123. Three years would be 83 a day. To fulfill all of their truck/suv reservations (that we know of) by 2027 they’d have to be building 164 a day, starting today and never stopping on all models. These numbers get higher everyday they don’t meet them and especially when the factory is closed. That’s just reservations, no builds for dealer stock, no non-reservation customer orders. It’s why I think I’ll get my Sierra EV Edition 1 before my Hummer, despite reserving it two years earlier than the Sierra, because they’ll prioritize Edition 1s of all their EVs. It almost feels intentionally slow, like they didn’t want thousands more on the road before ED1 owners beta tested them and found all the bugs. Probably reading more into it than I should, but all I know is I’ve spent nearly two years thinking I’d be in my 3X by the end of this year and I’ll be lucky I even see it in 2023. Besides the reveal and all the positive reviews the experience of buying a Hummer EV has been a massive disappointment so far…and it’s going to be a while before I even get the chance to turn that disappointment into excitement again by sitting in mine. Every “I just got mine” post on here used to make me smile and it felt like I was getting closer, but now even that is gone.
I was feeling the same way, I even just called around dealerships in Oct as I just wanted to see one up close and decide if it was something I really wanted to wait for. I was told by one dealership that a client hadn't picked theirs up yet and I could come view in person. I ran down to the dealership and was pleasantly surprised it looked much cooler in person than online pics. I was there about an hour looking through everything on it and then the general manager came out to let me know the client changed his mind and refused the EV1 and asked if I was interested. Well, knowing I was on the waitlist for the EV1 and no delivery in sight I said I'll take it. The vehicle is awesome and couldn't be happier. I think I just lucked out, but with the economy concerns it may be more and more common, check in with the dealerships.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have seen them go for 200-250k here so I was happy. I did negotiate them down 30k so maybe if you find one you can work a deal after this stop sale, they don't want them to sit on there lot and stand to make money on them anyway.

· Registered
21 Posts
Yes, but your missing the point, I would have never received the EV1, I'm still on the waiting list for EV3 and EV SUV. I also traded in two other vehicles I never really drove but once a year and got 10k over what I paid on each toward the EV1, so I'm happy with the deal. If I had a EV1 coming I would have just paid MSRP and waited as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts