GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
We were seeing 2.2 mi/kWh just driving around on 35/45 mph roads with the top off the front and the rear window down. A/C blasting as well since it was nearly 90 degrees yesterday here. Not particularly trying to get good range. Realistic around town range is probably 450+ in optimal weather.
450miles...in town...WOW....lets hope so...🤞

·
Registered
571 Posts
dark FX, sorry if I missed this in some of your feedback, but as I’ve watched the Throttle House videos they have brought up the noise in the roof a couple of times. During your trip have you noticed the roof rattling around abs making noise? I know you mentioned the wind noise at the top of the windshield which hopefully the dealer will be able to address, but it seems odd to me that the panels would rattle around. My old Jeep Rubicon never had that issue with panel rattling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We were seeing 2.2 mi/kWh just driving around on 35/45 mph roads with the top off the front and the rear window down. A/C blasting as well since it was nearly 90 degrees yesterday here. Not particularly trying to get good range. Realistic around town range is probably 450+ in optimal weather.
This may be a stupid question and I don't mean to sound like I doubt your estimate, but isn't the 329 estimate intended to be maximum range? Or is that range based on suboptimal conditions (high speeds, cold weather, etc.)?

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,573 Posts
This may be a stupid question and I don't mean to sound like I doubt your estimate, but isn't the 329 estimate intended to be maximum range? Or is that range based on suboptimal conditions (high speeds, cold weather, etc.)?
329 Miles is estimated range in mixed driving(city and Highway) in ideal conditions.

If you are only traveling on back roads/city streets you will see much better efficiency and range than if you were traveling Highways.
Speed, weather, driving habits, roads, can all play a part in the range of the Hummer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
329 Miles is estimated range in mixed driving(city and Highway) in ideal conditions.

If you are only traveling on back roads/city streets you will see much better efficiency and range than if you were traveling Highways.
Speed, weather, driving habits, roads, can all play a part in the range of the Hummer.
Understood on factors that impact range but I had assumed they would calculate the estimate under optimal conditions in order to provide a maximum range. I was not aware it was based on mixed driving. Thanks for the clarification! I can't imagine I will ever need 450 miles of range for city driving but it's helpful to understand that 329 already effectively factors in a haircut for highway driving.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
818 Posts
Understood on factors that impact range but I had assumed they would calculate the estimate under optimal conditions in order to provide a maximum range. I was not aware it was based on mixed driving. Thanks for the clarification! I can't imagine I will ever need 450 miles of range for city driving but it's helpful to understand that 329 already effectively factors in a haircut for highway driving.
There are three MPGe numbers for EVs, highway, city and combined. For the Hummer those are 43, 51 and 47. So really the city EPA range would be 357 miles and the highway EPA range 301 miles. But the highway range measured by EPA is at an average of about 48 mph, not 65 or 70. The city number is based on 20 mph average. There is a cycle for each one, those can be found here: https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/18/how-does-epa-calculate-electric-car-range/

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
dark FX, sorry if I missed this in some of your feedback, but as I’ve watched the Throttle House videos they have brought up the noise in the roof a couple of times. During your trip have you noticed the roof rattling around abs making noise? I know you mentioned the wind noise at the top of the windshield which hopefully the dealer will be able to address, but it seems odd to me that the panels would rattle around. My old Jeep Rubicon never had that issue with panel rattling.
No noise in mine that I have noticed. I was trying to listen for it too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
@Dark-Fx I might totally be crazy on this one - but I remember on some video, I think by TFL, they mentioned an air compressor on the truck for the air suspension. I think the picture attached shows it. By any chance is it useable? I know the Rivian has a built in air compressor that's widely discussed as a feature. I would have figured with this being such an "off road centric" vehicle, it would have a usable air compressor too, but I don't see many people talking about it.

I know it's coming, but can't wait to hear your deep dive review of both the Hummer and the R1T!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
268 Posts
@Dark-Fx I might totally be crazy on this one - but I remember on some video, I think by TFL, they mentioned an air compressor on the truck for the air suspension. I think the picture attached shows it. By any chance is it useable? I know the Rivian has a built in air compressor that's widely discussed as a feature called CTIS. I would have figured with this being such an "off road centric" vehicle, it would have a usable air compressor too, but I don't see many people talking about it.

I know it's coming, but can't wait to hear your deep dive review of both the Hummer and the R1T! View attachment 2087
If it’s the video I’m thinking of, Andre said you could air up and down from the dash, which was an H1 feature. The H EV feature is you can set a pressure for the truck to honk when you let enough air out of each tire to reach the set pressure - no active air up/down that I’m aware of despite of course having a built in compressor for the air suspension.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If it’s the video I’m thinking of, Andre said you could air up and down from the dash, which was an H1 feature. The H EV feature is you can set a pressure for the truck to honk when you let enough air out of each tire to reach the set pressure - no active air up/down that I’m aware of despite of course having a built in compressor for the air suspension.
Yep, I think we're talking about the same video. I know the G63 4x4 squared and the 6x6 both have that feature to air up/down from within the cab.. LOVE that feature. would have been really cool to get this in the Hummer EV. I think that would have been a defining feature showing how off roady it is.

I understand the H1 had massive hubs and so does the G63 to handle that, but still.

Even if I need to just hook up a hose to the air compressor's tank to fill the tires back up, that would be better than lugging around a 120v air compressor and even lugging around a 120v air compressor is better than hooking up the current compressor I have that just clamps to the battery terminals on my truck. So.. regardless it's going to be a step up, but I'd love to only have to carry around a set of hoses instead of a whole compressor for airing back up at the end of a day of off roading.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I don't think it is a high enough capacity to really use it for anything. You probably risk burning it up. It's definitely there and you can hear it running if you change suspension levels a lot.

I am curious how long extract mode will take to enter, there's a lot of air volume that needs to be made up.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts